Options

Can I get a job with just a comptia a+ apple VMware and microsoft beginner certs

mongoose5697mongoose5697 Banned Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Plus 2 years of customer service. I plan to get network+ later

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certs are not a golden ticket to a job but they do help
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's the 2 years of customer service that'll help you get a help desk job! But of course certs do help.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try to apply to help desk jobs. With your customer service experience and certs you should be able to get an entry-level position.
  • Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Absolutely! I know a girl with one microsoft cert who landed a 20k job (UK, £ pounds sterling). From there on, it's a matter of building experience and certs. Honestly, you've got more experience than alot of people who want to get into IT.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Of course.. there have been probably millions of people who entered IT with less.

Good personality, soft-skills, ambitious and being reasonably competent will go further for you in getting into IT then just listing certs in my opinion. The fact that you got certs and some experience..... yeah. Of course.
  • Options
    systemstechsystemstech Member Posts: 120
    Yeah man. My friend got his A+ and landed a contract job. Three months into the contract job he got another job as a Jr. Syadmin. Went from 12 dollars an hour to 45K a year with 3 months of experience and an A+. This was also in Florida where the job market sucks in general. You can absolutely do it bro!
  • Options
    cms819cms819 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My A+ Certification got my foot in the door as an it field service technician with no experience 16/hr. I then got my ccna and with my one year experience landed another job doubling my pay