Taking Security + Nov. 19

QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, new member to the forum. I work on a help desk as a support analyst.

I have CompTIA A+, and Network +.

I'm taking the Security + exam November 19th.

I have read Logical Operations Choice. I don't like the book much, because it has labs in the end of chapter activities that I don't have access to. I also have Professor Messor SYS-301 **** sheet.

This week or next I'm going to take a Transcender practice exam.

Always willing to take advice or direction. Future goals lie in security or network administration.

Any advice from the forum members how I can be most successful?

Just wanting to chime in as I have been reading the posts!

Passed the Security +!! Now have the CompTIA trio

Comments

• QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Happy early birthday!

I used Professor Messor videos for the A+ its just the short length and amount of videos he has. I will watch his videos on my weaker topics. Right now these seem to be remembering flash card material like encryption types, etc.

That's impressive to spend only three weeks and pass those exams. I'm excited to be done with this CompTIA trio so I can decide what's next.
  • QueueQueue Member Posts: 174 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! and Happy Birthday Skyliinez92
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Happy Birthday, skyliinez92. Congrats on the pass, Queue.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP