Options

CCNP Switch - 300-115, is it just me that finds it boring?

SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
Hi All,

I have recently passed my CCNA and have gone onto studying my NP Switch. At first I was really excited to be learning new content but since starting the switch studies, it's got real boring, fast.

I have recently got a Network engineer role and I am dealing with L3 issues more than L2....A hell of a lot more. I keep getting tempted to start route but i'm half way through switch. Route seems so much more down my road.

I've tried watching Bryant, CBT, Flash Cards, Reading...Nothing grabbing my attention.

Does anyone else find switch really boring? Does anyone have any tips?
Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle

Comments

• Options
    CheebahawkCheebahawk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I find it pretty interesting, but that's because I dig L2 I suppose. What do you find interesting about L3 over L2? I'm studying NP:Switch atm as well.
    2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • Options
    I'm not too sure, something about it that just makes so much more sense and more interesting to me. STP kind of sucks for L2, I know how important it is in the real world but studying it is a bore.....

It just seems a bit like CCNA but on switches rather than routers and a bit more in depth.

sriddle.co.uk
  • Options
    Following this, I cracked down and I have started to read the chapters through in the book and they have started to become engaging.

I'm doing okay and i'm getting the large majority of the questions correct once the chapter has been read.

I guess booking the exam gave me a kick up the butt.

sriddle.co.uk