Options

WGU BS-IT SEC starting NOV 1st 2015!!!

xdfeverxdfever Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
ive already taken the pre-assessment for Intro to IT and The Organizational Behavior and Leadership class. So i plan to test out of those early.

What path do you all who have done this degree recommend? i already have a BA so my classes are basically just all core IT stuff. I need 77 unites to graduate.

I work full time too but want to use my GI BIll so i need to do 18+ units a term.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck on your journey!! icon_thumright.gif

I recommend doing all the database/programming classes first so when you get towards the end of the degree you can focus more on the Technical Writing proposal/Capstone Report which can take some time depending on your experience level. The hardest classes I had were the CCNA: Security and Scripting and Programming (mainly because I was out of practice) lol..
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    is the operating system I and II harder than the net+ and sec+ classes?
  • Options
    just took the principals of management pre-assessment. scored 20% than cut score. Now ill be testing out of 3 classes my first week!
  • Options
    xdfever wrote: »
    is the operating system I and II harder than the net+ and sec+ classes?

It depends on what your experience level is with Linux. Personally, I think the Network+ and Security+ are entry-level and much easier. I had prior experience so I was able to waive these classes.

My experience with the Linux+ was mostly review since I took it during my associate's degree. It took me a few months to take both exams brushing up on the command line syntax and specific OS parameters and general kernel information. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    yea i have 0 experience with Linux.

i think i will be testing out of

Intro to it - C182
    Principles of Management - C483
    Organizational Behavior and Leadership - C484

and take the
    Networks - C480 (Net+)
    Network and Security - Applications - C178 (Sec+)

that's 19 units for my first term. hopefully i can add some more and finish 20+ this term.
  • Options
    fjhesqfjhesq Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you study for:

Principles of Management - C483
    Organizational Behavior and Leadership - C484

Either way, man that's great...I'm shooting to possibly take these during the Turkey day break and first part of December
  • Options
    no didn't study for any of them. just going to study the low areas according to the coaching report before the final assessment.
  • Options
    fjhesqfjhesq Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, I just took C697 (fist part of Linux+) and it wasn't that bad. I have a little experience but it's very command heavy. I'm finishing off my studying for C698, the second part now. I'm in the same boat as you, fearing the Scripting/Programming and Database classes. I'll be jumping into those my next term, which starts in February. I have 22 CU's so far and I started on 9/1. I have a wife and 3 sons, and a demanding job as a network engineer for a pretty large health system, so needless to say...I think I'm progressing pretty well so far. I have 49CUs to go until degree completion.
  • Options
    fjhesq wrote: »
    Also, I just took C697 (fist part of Linux+) and it wasn't that bad. I have a little experience but it's very command heavy. I'm finishing off my studying for C698, the second part now. I'm in the same boat as you, fearing the Scripting/Programming and Database classes. I'll be jumping into those my next term, which starts in February. I have 22 CU's so far and I started on 9/1. I have a wife and 3 sons, and a demanding job as a network engineer for a pretty large health system, so needless to say...I think I'm progressing pretty well so far. I have 49CUs to go until degree completion.

Your doing great keep it up!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    usman4673usman4673 Member Posts: 115
    xdfever : Which process do you suggest for smart studies?

Take the pre-assessment the very first day and work on low-scoring areas? What worked for you for Intro to IT and Principles of Management? Did you go over the WGU provided material or just the quizlets? I plan on taking the both in the order you took. Just worried on WGU webcam's arrival, dont know when will i receive it.