Options

CISSP Training Courses

iccnticcnt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Day all,

I am new to your forum. I would like to queary anyone here to see if they have any experiance with any of the CISSP training schools.

I am at present a certified SSCP, and I did the study for this on my own and passed (No schools). I have about 10+ years experiance in Infosec and 15+ in IT.

But now my main problem is as a condition of my present employment I must acquire my CISSP by the first 6 months of this position (as well as do my job).

So as a result of this I am trying to hedge my betts by attending one of these schools.

Does anyone have any feedback or advice about these schools or be able to recomend one inparticular.

Thanks Greatly for any feedback.
:)

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My advice would be to make sure they are an ISC2 authorized education provider (you can identify them usually by the logo you see in my avatar.). In addition to that, ask for the resume of the person doing the training. These things will greatly improve your chances of passing the first try.
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    I went through the Vigilar/Intense School online training. It was a week long class I took sitting at home and I thought it was awesome. I had a great instructor, though, a guy named Larry, and I honestly think that makes all the difference in the world, regardless of the shcool. And unless you find out in advance and get some scope on the instructor, you just don't know.

I know that isn't real helpful, but if you could take the class online or in a class with Larry, at Vigilar, I would say go for it. Anything other than that exact scenario, and unless some of the other folks have a story to share, stick with Keatron's advice.

Good luck,

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.