Options

1900 switch

ersantombalakersantombalak Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wonder whether there are questions about 1900 series switches in CCNA exam......

Comments

• Options
    BenGVSUBenGVSU Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wonder whether there are questions about 1900 series switches in CCNA exam......

There aren't any questions on the exam that are model specific, at least when I took it there weren't.
    Ben Cook, CWNA, CCNA, CCDA
    bcook@customcable.com
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I haven't taken the test either....I think they will ask you about Layer 2 protocols and switch commands but thats about it. Nothing model specific. I would try to find yourself a 2900 series or 2950 (if you can afford it) if you need to purchase a switch.
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2900xl will do most of what you need ..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Few of the commands used in 1900 is different from the ones used in 2900. As far as I know the main focus should be on 2900 configurations.
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should be at least prepared for anything that will hit you on your exam.

I do not expect cisco 1900 commands to come up on it, though. It's pretty old and out of shape.

If you feel you must study, familiarize yourself with the 'set' commands used in vlans and stp. I don't really see much more being tested on it.
    -network analyst