Options

Has Techexams.net excelled your career?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    To be honest, no. I do find the site very useful though. I think a lot has to do with the fact that I discovered TE a bit late in my career and already had a good idea what I wanted to do.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Absolutely! I learned so much here.

If I didn't have TechExams, I would rely on my colleagues at the time and they were clueless...so TE had the answers!

I try to give back, although I noticed that I grew negative and I'm trying to overcome that
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Absolutely! I learned so much here.

If I didn't have TechExams, I would rely on my colleagues at the time and they were clueless...so TE had the answers!

I try to give back, although I noticed that I grew negative and I'm trying to overcome that

duel a Kangaroo and see if that helps with mood. What I'd do to have a free Kangaroo's in my backyard. We could trade some deer in thier place icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great seeing others success stories. Found some nice tips and resources on tech exam. Good to hear what others are doing.
  • Options
    daschildaschil Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Expect wrote: »
    One of the most useful forums I've ever encountered.

I would second this. I've lurked for at least a decade and always found conversion here polite, insightful, and helpful. A great site all around.
    LinkedIn, twitter - David Schildroth
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    TE has excelled my career because without it I wouldn't have had the inspiration to pursue certifications that have pushed me out of my comfort zone and have made me confident in my technical abilities.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Expect wrote: »
    One of the most useful forums I've ever encountered.

Most definitely highly agree!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What I like most about TE is the broad diversity that comes together here. Most folks on this board are wanting to do better and that attitude comes through. Also, not only do people want to do better for themselves, they also want other people to do better and that is what I find refreshing.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    alias454 wrote: »
    What I like most about TE is the broad diversity that comes together here. Most folks on this board are wanting to do better and that attitude comes through. Also, not only do people want to do better for themselves, they also want other people to do better and that is what I find refreshing.

IT without borders.... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    l love TE. For me, while it hasn't change my career in the manner that OP asked it, a better adjective is that it has enhanced my career.

Primarily because it's a generally anonymous forum and allows me to have a view into matters at other organizations and for me to respond to some of the problems that are posed by the general community. The act of thinking about someone else's situations/scenarios enhances my own understanding. And many times, I learn about new topics and technologies which only enhances my general knowledge of what is available.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't say it helped me, but it certainly is refreshing to read a forum which isn't full of trolls and nonsense. I certainly like the professionalism of both users and 'staff'.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    kiamkiam Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seeing people posting about their certification journeys really motivates me to go further in mine!
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I came for the certs, I stay for the people. :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not yet because I'm still in school and don't have an IT cert under my belt yet but getting very close to it soon. I've already learned so much about the IT field by sticking around and paying attention to the stories of others who have been successful in it and passed their certs. It has also challenged me to adjust my studying habits and to venture outside my comfort zone. I also look at failure from a different perspective than I had before.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Great forum for learning but hasn't done anything directly for my career.

There are many great talented people here and I am proud to be amongst you
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I know that this forum is a great mix of people and I learn something about things all the time.

The people and resources mainly have allowed for this special kind of 'edge' on things and this forum's advice has truly help me personally succeed in IT these past few years and I truly feel humbled.

Curious how others feel about this community. icon_biggrin.gif

TE has been very useful to me. I probably wouldn't know about WGU and be going to school there. In 2010, I remember being bummed out because I wasn't the ideal student having zero IT experience and zero certification. :D

I also remember the general consensus around here was that IT was very difficult to get into and that intimidated me a bit. I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Options
    masdrobedamasdrobeda Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TE and its members are always very useful. I have contacted a few with some very detailed questions about career path and relocation. They were all able to help me and even went beyond that. This is indeed the best forum. I am on everyday.

Thanks all!!!
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Absolutely. I found this forum back in 2008, while trying to pursue my first certifications. I was working a tech support job at a bank and was trying to get out of there while still in school for my AS degree. I found help here getting through my first couple certifications and then later on found out about WGU. If it weren't for these forums, I probably wouldn't have found out about WGU until much later.

I've also received a ton of help on cleaning up my resume. I've had a few job interviews because of that and I've done well in interviews based on some of the discussions I've read here regarding interview preparation. All in all, I'm very grateful for the start I got from TE and probably wouldn't be where I am today career-wise without it.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    It really helped emphasize to me I should being pursuing certifications and technical specializations. And that's been a tremendous help professionally.
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This sites resources definitely gave me guidance and seeing other member's progress like Iris really motivated me to pursue some higher level certs...

Unfortunately really life kinda got in the way and I still have to take the JNCIS-Sec before diving into my CCIE studies. Hopefully I'll have 5 digits by end of 2016.
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/