Options

Remotely proctored CEH exam?

L[_Qu|A|kE_]L[_Qu|A|kE_] Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone.

I did the CEHv8 course early in the year as part of my University's Master Degree program, but am yet to take the CEH certification exam. My voucher is from Prometric and unfortunately they do not have an exam location in my city (Brisbane, Australia). Upon contacting Cherylann from EC-Council, she has explained that for US$100 I can have my voucher converted to an ECC exam voucher so that it can be proctored remotely at any location online.

I would like to know if any of you have any experience with having your CEH exam remotely proctored - do you see any downside from that, besides forking out US$100 (AUD$140) and that you cannot take a bathroom break?
Needless to say, all cert. exams I've taken so far (not many) were at an exam centre.

The benefit for me is obviously that I won't have to spend money to travel interstate (probably more than $140) nor to take a day off work to do so.

My other option would be to take the exam overseas. I am going overseas in December and the city I am visiting does have an exam centre and they do provide the test in English. The problem with that is that I would have to take the exam in Dec 17, and for the posts I have been reading here (the whole debacle about the updated questions), maybe I should probably wait a little longer to get my hands on Matt Walker's all-in-one updated book.

I appreciate your opinion on this matter.

Thanks.