Options

Passed the CISSP today!

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just want to give my professional respect to all of those who received this certification. I studied for 3 months almost 6-9 hours a day. When I went into the test, definitely felt like I didn't know anything on it. Took my first break after going through half the test which was about under 2 hours. Went back in and finished the exam but didn't submit answers and time was just about 5 hours in. Took another break for about 10 minutes went back in and reviewed my questions, changed about 5 of them getting halfway through the questions, said screw it, submitted answers, picked up print out and got my pass!

I would have to say that most of help came from my personal experience working in the IT industry.

Shon Harris AIO 6th edition (Cover to Cover)
Sunflower CISSP pdf
CCCure freepracticetests 1800+ questions.

Good luck to anyone wanting to attempt this exam.
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ecuison wrote: »
    I study for 3 months almost 6-9 hours a day.

I would have to say that most of help came from my personal experience working in the industry.

Really....not from the 6-9 hours per day? Congrats though a great accomplishment.
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Really....not from the 6-9 hours per day? Congrats though a great accomplishment.

Thank you!

LOL. Not going to lie, I learned a lot about security reading Shon Harris's book during those 6-9 hour sessions. But it was what I felt in the end, the my experience helped me answer a large portion of the questions.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    rony1234rony1234 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam. You must feel like you crossed a milestone !
  • Options
    21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow,congrats..i feel inspired
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that's a great experience - thank you for sharing!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! So the sunflower pdf and the rest of your study material still seems to be valued even though the domains went from 10 to 8.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! So the sunflower pdf and the rest of your study material still seems to be valued even though the domains went from 10 to 8.

Yes. Just keep in mind that the Sunflower PDF was created in 2009 so there is information that is no longer relevant on the exam.