SecurityTube - Has anyone registered for training?

ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
As the title says, has anyone used the SecurityTube training portal? > SecurityTube Training

I would like to know what your experience has been with them.

Thanks

Comments

• BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used a very little the portal but the Python course is awsome. I didnt take the exam but the course it's pretty good. From my personal opinion you can learn pretty well python from their course and skip the exam if you have other plans.
    In short: buy the course, use it to learn, skip the exam.
  • ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response, I am going to register for the Metasploit & Python training the end of this month.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i just saved this in my bookmarks, gonna check out the Metasploit and the WiFi course
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've taken classes from their Learn Pentesting Online website before. They have solid content for a good price. A couple of times per year Vivek runs a special on new registrants (basically a $39 /mo offer). They'll also do a save 30% off of their certifications (which are hands-on/practical).

Like Bodanel mentioned, their Python course is good. I think Vivek was the first one to start offering classes on scripting tools using Python to assist with Penetration Testing. Since he rolled that out, SANS got on board by making their SEC573 class, Cybrary made a Python Scripting for Penetration Testers video series, and I've seen courses published elsewhere on the subject.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have the Python course and what I watched of it found it to be really good. Two people have posted on here in regards to the Python and Metasploit courses. I believe the person who posted about passing the Python certification stated it helped him to land a job (along the lines of they found the certification interesting and the knowledge led to him getting the job). The person who reviewed the Metasploit course had good things to say about it.

Personally, if you were to combine those two with OSCP you'd be a force to contend with...at least in my opinion.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I subscribed and after watching a couple of videos I immediately unsubscribed, it was hard for me to listen due to the Authors accent, I do believe Vivek knows his deal, but it was too tiring.
  • ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've completed the free content on the SecurityTube Youtube channel. I am curious as to how much the paid content actually differs? I know you get access to labs to practice on but, is the content updated to cover Windows 7 and 8 ????

@the_Grinch/xxxKrisxxx/Bodanel - has the Python course content been updated since its first release? You've mentioned OSCP, which is ultimately where I want to end up sometime in 2016..for now the path is SSCP(passed and received certification notification last night)>SMFE>SPSE>OSCP>CISSP

@Grinch - have you looked at buying a study guide to follow? > http://www.amazon.ca/Metasploit-The-Penetration-Testers-Guide/dp/159327288X > http://www.amazon.ca/Penetration-Testing-Hands--Introduction-Hacking/dp/1593275641/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446629225&sr=1-3&keywords=metasploit

@mike - would like to hear/read your initial thoughts after you've done your research
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    ivandavids wrote: »
    @mike - would like to hear/read your initial thoughts after you've done your research

I will be taking CASP this month, so it will be December before I start looking into Metasploit, but I'll def report back
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The free content is the same as the paid content, jut affords you the chance to take the exam. I don't believe that the Python course has been updated since it's release, but the information is still applicable today so I wouldn't be concerned.

As for the book, haven't read it, but heard good things.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff