Options

Got my CCNA on friday :)

Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
I passed the CCNA 200-120 exam last Friday in my second attempt :)
my study materials was CCNA R&S study guide with Todd Lammle book, CBT nuggets Jeremy Cioara, Boson and lots of practice in Cisco packet tracer and some practices with physical labs.

The Boson exams give you the feeling how the real test is going to be, it will give you the idea of time you can spend for each question. It will also give you good details of every questions.
However even when I was getting 850 - 900 in the Boson practice test dozen of times, I though I was ready when I sat the exam for the first time.
CCNA R&S, MCSA.

Comments

• Options
    quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Congrats! I see you've got the MCSA as well, how would you compare the two in terms of difficulty?
  • Options
    TWXTWX Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just failed yesterday, missed it by 50 points out of a thousand. What were you weak-on the first time around, and how did you go about correcting those weaknesses?
  • Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass bro! Did you do any of the labs in the Lammle book with the included Lammle lab software? And if so, how did you think of that? I am planning on doing those labs and a bit of labbing on real equipment, although I am trying to find a good resource for labbing real equipment.

Cheers!!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I think I may take this exam before the end of the year is up. Right now I'm taking the 2nd Netacad (I skipped the 1st) and the 3rd series next semester at my University. I would like to do some packet tracer labs myself, where could I get some practice labs?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mr.Network wrote: »
    I passed the CCNA 200-120 exam last Friday in my second attempt :)
    my study materials was CCNA R&S study guide with Todd Lammle book, CBT nuggets Jeremy Cioara, Boson and lots of practice in Cisco packet tracer and some practices with physical labs.

The Boson exams give you the feeling how the real test is going to be, it will give you the idea of time you can spend for each question. It will also give you good details of every questions.
    However even when I was getting 850 - 900 in the Boson practice test dozen of times, I though I was ready when I sat the exam for the first time.
    Way to go. I'm glad you had success using Packet Tracer for the CCNA. I kept hearing that physical equipment is best for that part. Which labs in particular did you do physically and how did you go about building them?
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats! I see you've got the MCSA as well, how would you compare the two in terms of difficulty?

It is an old MCSA certificate I earned in 2008 for windows 2003 servers. It was three exams, it was quite difficult at that time:)
    I think the new MCSA exams would be easier for me today because I got more experience in that field right now then networking.

Also the passing score for CCNA is 825/1000
    If I remember right the score for the Microsoft exmas was 750/1000
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    Justin- wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass bro! Did you do any of the labs in the Lammle book with the included Lammle lab software? And if so, how did you think of that? I am planning on doing those labs and a bit of labbing on real equipment, although I am trying to find a good resource for labbing real equipment.

Cheers!!

Justin, yes I did all the labs in the Lammle book, but I used Packet tracer and physical lab to create the scenarios.
    I did not try the Lammle software.

the labs are great in the book, I learned a lot.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! I think I may take this exam before the end of the year is up. Right now I'm taking the 2nd Netacad (I skipped the 1st) and the 3rd series next semester at my University. I would like to do some packet tracer labs myself, where could I get some practice labs?

Danny, I got few labs in this thread, but also google CCNA cisco packet tracer labs and got few other labs from some site I don't remember the name of.
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/4933
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Mr. Network!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Way to go. I'm glad you had success using Packet Tracer for the CCNA. I kept hearing that physical equipment is best for that part. Which labs in particular did you do physically and how did you go about building them?

a few commands did not work in packet tracer, then it was good to try it on physical lab, I did some STP, RSTP, VLAN, OSPF, EIGRP and more.
    you get more feeling what you are doing with a physical lab.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    thank you guys, this forum has been invaluable :)
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□