Options

Making Summaries

zerosszeross Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm busy learning CISSP with book recommendations from what I have read here.

So I have a little question for you all.

If you guys study with books, do you guys make summaries of every chapter? Or do you read the book once and then start with example questions?

I ask this because it's a lot of work to make summaries of a big book and I want to know if it's worth the effort.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Every certification book at the end of the chapter has a chapter summary along with practice questions. Why would you make a summary when it's already there?
    Take notes instead on the things that you are not very familiar with and do research on those topics.
  • Options
    zerosszeross Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah you're right, except I'm a newbie on It security. Have a more business related background of defining requirements for implementing IT applications, defining business processess etcetera.

So I'm a junior atm at a security company and they said I have to start with CISSP for learning the IT security landscape. So I'm trying to figure out what is best and effective way for me to learn so much information that all is new to me :)
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    zeross wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, except I'm a newbie on It security. Have a more business related background of defining requirements for implementing IT applications, defining business processess etcetera.

So I'm a junior atm at a security company and they said I have to start with CISSP for learning the IT security landscape. So I'm trying to figure out what is best and effective way for me to learn so much information that all is new to me :)

Look into ITIL Foundation. It's a quick exam only 40 questions and you can take it anytime from your home. With your background this will add some IT knowledge to yourexperience then you will have it a bit easier to understand some of chapters for CISSP. Look into it.