Options

Passed CISSP (2015-11-05)

vidrinevidrine Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I hadn't been on the forums in an incredibly long time. Started lurking again the last couple weeks and found some really good information to study before taking the exam. Thanks to everyone that posted what and where they found information.

Study Material
  • 11th Hour CISSP Study Guide (Conrad)
  • Cybrary CISSP videos
  • CBT Nuggets CISSP videos
  • Sunflower CISSP notes
  • CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition (Harris)
I didn't study nearly as much as I wanted to, but luckily things turned out alright. I started by reading the 11th hour and seeing what domains I needed to focus on. Watched most of the CBT and Cybrary videos, focused on what I didn't feel comfortable with.I only read the first 200 pages or so from the Shon Harris book. It's good material, I just couldn't get through it with work and my limited time.The day before the exam I read through the sunflower notes and 11th hour, again.

Experience:
I've been working specifically with InfoSec for the last 6 years.

Comments

• Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's awesome! Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! So all the above are based on older material which are the 10 domains instead of the 8 and you still passed!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

As danny069 mentioned, you use material based on the old 10-domain CISSP outline and still pass. Your infosec experience must have helped.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Congrats!

As danny069 mentioned, you use material based on the old 10-domain CISSP outline and still pass. Your infosec experience must have helped.
    Most references haven't really changed that much between 10 domain and 8 domain...alot of it is just restructuring. Cybrary has a good comparison video. The exam expects experience not just to study for a week and be good to go.
  • Options
    The experience definitely did help. I was familiar with the bulk of the material on the exam. I just had to refresh some terminology and do a deeper dive in some areas that I wasn't overly familiar with.

In terms of old v. new domains - the material didn't really change. ISC(2) really just changed names and condensed the domains. Kelly from Cybrary stated is best when she called it a cosmetic change.
  • Options
    mahemahe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

So you had passed the exam without studying new topics. Good to know.
  • Options
    I did. Though I wish I would have put time into both cloud and wireless security.
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□