Options

Gibson`s second edition of AIO

fghotbifghotbi Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Guys,
I am new to this forum and want to ask you that if any one can compare the first edition of Darril Gibson`s All in One SSCP guide with the second one. As a major difference the second one has 480 pages while the first edition has about 900 pages!!!
Glad to receive your feedback.

Comments

• Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Sorry, I only bought the Second Edition and the official ISC2 cbk 4th edition.

I used both and passed, so they must work. Just know the domains and you'll be fine ;)
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's true. Download the candidate information bulletin (CIB) and lay out all of the domains in a spreadsheet, each domain on its own page. Then study several sources for each domain, making sure that you know and understand each bullet point. Gibson's AIO is a good starting point, but it's not enough. Although Cybrary doesn't have SSCP-specific training, you can learn a lot from their Security+, CISSP, CASP, Cryptography, and Cloud+ training. There's plenty of other free sources of training and information on the internet.

Also, make sure that you know the common port numbers, OSI model, backup types (full, incremental, etc.), RAID levels, Risk formulas, Order of Volatility of Digital Evidence, Cloud types, incident handling steps, SDLC, CMMI Model, encryption types, (symmetric and assymmetric), and access control models (Bell-LaPadula, etc.). I put all of these things into a memory **** that I practiced every day along with studying, and I passed both Security+ and SSCP the first time. Believe me, you'll need to know these things. You may get a question that asks how to disable FTP service. If you know which port FTP uses, you'll get the question right.

After you've spent some time studying and memorizing, consider subscribing to freepracticetests.org and take as many practice tests as you can.

Essentially, create a study plan before you start studying. And follow the CIB. They publish it for a reason.
  • Options
    Also, go to Darril Gibson's site at Get Certified Get Ahead - Get Certified Get Ahead You can contact Darril and ask him about the differences.
  • Options
    Thank you tedjames for your information.
  • Options
    oloyedetayooloyedetayo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just wrote and passed the SSCP exam on Nov 14 2015. My primary resource was the Gibson's AIO SCCP second edition book. I also watched a few cbt nuggets videos (emphasis on a few). I would say knowing all the content of the 2nd edition All in one was enough for me to pass the SSCP exam.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you find the exam difficulty?
  • Options
    ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I wrote the SSCP exam on 13th October and passed, see my post.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/114661-sscp-passed.html

@wayne_wonder - the exam is not difficult, just take your time to read each question and understand what is being asked.
  • Options
    Dear Guys,

I have a kindle ebook reader and wants to read the darril gibson's aio, but it is currently unavailable in the kindle store!!!
    Any idea?
  • Options
    TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    If you buy the physical book it will come with a CD which has a version on it.

Couldnt imagine studying off a kindle!