Options

Micronics Zero to Hero Security Course

12346»

Comments

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Would love to see the NP:Security get a refresh..any news floating around about that? I did notice that there's a .5 update to SITCS to include sourcefire but other than that...yeah, old.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jamthat wrote: »
    Would love to see the NP:Security get a refresh..any news floating around about that? I did notice that there's a .5 update to SITCS to include sourcefire but other than that...yeah, old.

I was just looking at the CCNP Security again because I need to renew. I haven't really looked in a couple years, but judging by the fact that you can't even find books for most of the exams I'm not sure it needs to get update...lol. I've been waiting on books so long that I could have written one. I just want to recert and get back to work.

Hi Iris. Long time no see. Hope all is well with you.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Nice to see you too. All is well here. Super crazy busy between work and CCIE studies so I'm rarely here
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I totally understand. Between work and a litter of kids certs are not high on my list these days unless some outside force makes it a priority. In this case I just want to recert my CCNP Security, preferably with one of the Security Exams since those will be easiest for me. I doubt I've been on anytime in the last 2 years...maybe more. I really only hopped on to see what people were doing on some of the CCNP Security Exams when I realized there still is no books. Such is life. I can probably pass 206 with no study, but I've never made such a bold move before..lol.
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Anyone starting on the 28th?
  • Options
    bookbook Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll start. So we are two for sure :)
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Awesome! I can't wait!
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Not to revive an old thread, but I believe half the people on the Fall 2017 Z2H Security class gave Katherine credit for the reason they signed up!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    I'm famous on the internet! And not only for those nudes! jking :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    @down77 - While you guys are going through your class today, I'm doing similar stuff. 61 days until my lab so I'm labbing, watching videos, tweaking notes, etc. This is my battlestation right now:
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been following this thread for a while and I'm thinking about jumping onto the April 2018 class. I wish I could have been on the current run but have been indecisive on whether to continue down the R&S track or jump over to Security. I just started a new job working primarily with ASAs so I think this would make sense. Besides, I've been frustrated waiting for INE to get their v5 material out the rack rental is not fully functional.

For the folks in the current class, are you still digging it? I know you have to pre-pay in full, how long beforehand is it recommended to sign up before the class gets filled?

I'll probably use the course as prep for the CCNP SENSS as my CCNA certs will expire in September. However, I'm giving strong consideration to just saying hell with it and shooting for CCIE. The SENSS will buy me some time while working on it.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Completely skipping. It hasn't been updated in almost 4+ years and the new ccie security is way more fun

Hi,

Has your opinion changed about the CCNP security track?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    JustFred wrote: »
    Hi,

Has your opinion changed about the CCNP security track?

I have my lab date scheduled so I probably won't be stopping to pick up a CCNP
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Understood.

I was just thinking about doing the security track due to a new position working with ASA's and ISE.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    Honestly, I haven't paid attention to the CCNP track since I've been slammed with the CCIE so not sure if they updated it or not
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    They haven't really updated it that much. I think the last update was SITCS. Same as the Datacenter track.
  • Options
    sam88sam88 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Iristheangel,

You're the lucky one. Who can afford this course. Thanks for sharing your experience and your time.
  • Options
    sam88 wrote: »
    Hi Iristheangel,

You're the lucky one. Who can afford this course. Thanks for sharing your experience and your time.

I and many other friends paid out of pocket for our own bootcamps but if you can't afford it, it's a Cisco Learning Partner so you could see if you work will pay or if they have Cisco Learning Credits that can go towards the course if you really wanted to go.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Getting ready to start with the next class on April 28th. Anyone else here planning on attending? Getting really excited about this one based on the all reviews.