Options

failed CCNA

stylezunknownstylezunknown Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
A little frustrated... I just bombed the 200-120 exam. My score was 775.. I was running out of time towards the end and super rushed through 15 or so questions over 2 minutes. I didn't even read the last question, just picked an answer and ended test with 1 second left. I must not know cisco like I think I do because there were several questions that seemed to provide all wrong answers lol.icon_silent.gif

Operation of IP Data Networks 100%
LAN Switching technologies 80%
Ip addressing 33%
IP Routing technologies 90%
IP Services 60%
Network Device Security 60%
Troubleshooting 60%
WAN technologies 100%

Comments

• Options
    TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    looks like you bombed in subnetting. you have to memorize the subnet table from /30 to /8. everybody writes out the table on the pads before starting the exam for quick reference
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Failing can be demoralizing but don't let it get you down. Taking the 200-120 is a huge undertaking AFAIC. Study up on your weak areas and try again. you will get it next time.

Good Luck
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Now, you know what to expect. I know you'll get it the next time. Just tighten up on your subnetting. There are a lot of good resources that can help you with this.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips, I plan to retake in 2 weeks. I had alot of IPv6 so I shall tighten up both versions. Also, i'll work on troubleshooting broken labs. New date is Nov 21st. I might reschedule for an earlier date if I'm feeling really good. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    CiscoWayneCiscoWayne Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man! Not massively far off to be fair
    CCENT [X] CCNA [X] CCNP Switch [ ] CCNP Route [ ] CCNP Troubleshoot [ ]
    Now working on CCNP Switch
  • Options
    TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed ICND1 960/1000. writing out the subnet table on the pad was the key. I had 15 minutes left over at the end. If you do that you'll pass the next time
  • Options
    dtakhardtakhar Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i took the test in 2 parts icnd 1 i had to do a lotta subnetting,but i think i barley wrote anything down for icnd2, way less subnetting, but if you are good at it, it can save tones of time on the exams which people run out of time as subnetting can take up lotta time.
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I must not know cisco like I think I do because there were several questions that seemed to provide all wrong answers lol.icon_silent.gif

I don't know, sounds like you know cisco better than you think!!! :P
  • Options
    Hey.. I'm back.

I got new job and had my first kid shortly after failing my ccna back in 2015. Here I am 2 years later with more a bit more experience with cisco devices. Looking back I should have taken the two test route since it was my first attempt and at the time I had only experienced working with ASA firewalls.

This time around I will do the CCENT first. I can see the exams have since changed..

I just purchase a CBT Nuggest subscription.

RISE DEAD POST RISE AGAIN
  • Options
    Jon1992Jon1992 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    200-120 that the old composite exam right? I wouldn't say you bombed you did pretty good you just needed more time to correctly answer the last 15 questions, Perhaps take the test individually , atleast if you pass the CCENT you have up to 3 years to take and pass the 200-105 which then renews your cert.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey.. I'm back.

I got new job and had my first kid shortly after failing my ccna back in 2015. Here I am 2 years later with more a bit more experience with cisco devices. Looking back I should have taken the two test route since it was my first attempt and at the time I had only experienced working with ASA firewalls.

This time around I will do the CCENT first. I can see the exams have since changed..

I just purchase a CBT Nuggest subscription.

RISE DEAD POST RISE AGAIN

I feel you! I failed my CCNA the first time, by 51 points. I spent a lot of time doing practical exercises because I had been hearing how the exam had lots of simulations. I only had one full simulation, and a couple partial simulations, and one I guess what Cisco calls a simulet. The majority of the questions were pick multiple answers, two or three out of the choices listed. My experience in the practice tests had been I would get 2 of the answers correct and the third wrong, but that didn't matter on the exam because it still meant the entire question was marked wrong. So I just read more on the theoretical side and practiced over and over the pick multiple answer type questions, taking lots and lots of notes. Three months later I attempted the exam and passed - by 10 points lol.
  • Options
    Yes the 200-120 was the old composite exam.
  • Options
    ** UPDATE **

I just passed the CCENT. I'm going straight into the ICND2 now and eventually CCNP. Hopefully I can start studying CCNP before this winter.
  • Options
    thedudeabidesthedudeabides Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I thought ICND2 was a bit easier than ICND1, probably because it's fewer topics, where they go deeper on those fewer topics. So I think you got the harder part out of the way.
    2019 Goals: CCNP R&S
  • Options
    joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome man, don't worry about how long it took you. You got through it and are on your way to the next one. Good job.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Feels good.
  • Options
    Steph_TechNoobSteph_TechNoob Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam :)
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Amazing congrats!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.