CISSP Passed!

TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
Let me start off with this...there is nothing like walking out of the test center with a pass on this exam. Go into the exam with a plan and a pace of questions in mind. If you find yourself starting to fade out, take a break because it might save you from failing.

Study Materials:
-Official CBK (very wordy and hard to get through, best for a future reference)
-Official Study Guide (easier to digest than the CBK but still quite long, comes with tons of practice questions and flash cards...quite useful)
-CBT Nuggets (All of the old series, only could make it through part of the new series)
-Cybrary IT videos (very helpful)
-Eric Conrad's 11th Hour
-Shon Harris's CISSP Practice Exams (mainly only used the mp3's that came with it which I listened to and from work for a few weeks, and a few chapters of questions)
-Sunflower Notes (very useful)
-Combined Notes (hit a lot of the material but not as well laid out as Sunflower)
-Boson Exam Engine (good for more questions)

Other Sources of Studying:
This year I also achieved my CCNA:Security and C|EH, so I kept that information fresh for my CISSP studies...helped a ton.

Good luck to anybody trying to tame the beast. Try to hit studying from a bunch of different angles and cheer when you pass!

Comments

• FwdMotionFwdMotion Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass; thanks for the write up. I'm scheduled to take the exam in two weeks and the "pass threads" are encouraging.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratz! Yeah, that feeling is awesome. A short and elusive quick moment of happiness... and then gray misery resumes.
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. So I guess OSCP is next? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! Can't wait for that feeling as well!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mike7 wrote: »
    Congrats. So I guess OSCP is next? icon_rolleyes.gif
    I went through the course this year and kind of got sidetracked. I think I will do it again but not until the new year. Kind of weighing what cert I should go for.
  • JfazJfaz Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Worse two weeks ever!
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dan-in-MDDan-in-MD Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have an exam coming up on Dec 1. I've been scoring well on CCCure and other exam tools. I suppose there's a certain element of study burnout I am experiencing.

As someone wrote, it is encouraging to see people pass.
    My thought is that everybody has their own threshold where they feel comfortable sitting for an exam. If you feel comfortable taking the exam, take it and try to crush it!!
  • rajpoot296rajpoot296 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, and please where can i get sunflower notes.
    21ctl wrote: »
    congrats, and please where can i get sunflower notes.
    Searching the forums as others have posted the pdf.
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if u have it can you share it