Options

Took CCNA: Security and CCNA: Wireless today

hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
Friends,

I took both exams today. (Security and Wireless). I passed the Wireless, but came up short on Security.

I did both because I had a job offer, and I wanted to tie up a few loose ends. I wanted to complete all my goals, before going to the other job.

So, in essence, I came up a little short.

No excuses. I'll keep studying and will go after it again, probably on the 30th of November.
Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on passing the wireless and you'll get it next time on the security exam!!

Keep on truckin' icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    that sounds miserable...

i haven't taken two exams in one day since A+, and even then I thought it sucked.

Congrats on the Wireless, you will get Security next time
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    that sounds miserable...

i haven't taken two exams in one day since A+, and even then I thought it sucked.

Congrats on the Wireless, you will get Security next time

Right lol... one exam at a time is taxing enough
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you think the CCNA Wireless was worth your time doing?
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Right lol... one exam at a time is taxing enough

Honestly, it did suck. I will never take two exams in one day again.

I need to have my head examined.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    Hondabuff wrote: »
    Do you think the CCNA Wireless was worth your time doing?

I'm definitely glad I did the exam, and passed.

Was it as tough as the CCNA: R&S? No.

If I had to choose between Security and Wireless, the Security is more important to me.

I think there is going to be a future in wireless, so I don't regret my decision in taking the exam.

Not sure if that answers your question.
  • Options
    dwarftudedwarftude Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hannism wrote: »
    Honestly, it did suck. I will never take two exams in one day again.

I need to have my head examined.
    Was this 640-554? I'm taking 210-260 on Monday. I've gone over the blueprint, read the book, have my own lab with equipment I implement as much as I can from the book into my lab -- can't get DAI working, but big whoop, I think I only need to know the command its equivalent show command and what it is in general.

ill set up my ASA with a DMZ, per a post from Honda. Hoping I actually get 90 mins for the exam, but expecting 75 mins instead, per my last exam, in April, for 640-554. I'll provide feedback Monday evening.
  • Options
    I took the 640-554. Good luck on your upcoming test.
  • Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    "Check out the big brain on hannism!" honestly I've never seen someone try to pass 2 CCNA's the same day, that's nuts. Would have been quite a feat if you pulled it off!

You're giving me terrible, no good, very bad ideas.

I think the 2x A+ would be easiest, followed by 2x Linux+ then Net+ and Sec+. ICND1 + ICND2 would be much more difficult and expensive then the composite, you probably should check in to a mental ward at that point. 2 MCSA's in 1 day?
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    dwarftudedwarftude Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 640-554. Good luck on your upcoming test.
    Nothing specific, but what was your over all impression of the exam? Hard, but Fair? Or maybe not? There have been comments that it isn't aligned to the blueprint. One poster said they recieved a refund after complaining.
  • Options
    My experience was the OCG provided the information to pass the exam as I did, barely with a 90x something. The toughest part about this is the very high passing score, 5 maybe 6 oddball questions wrong and you fail. Knowing that I thought I failed when I ended the test. Honestly if you know SDM really well you'll likely pass but labs, many labs.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    dwarftude wrote: »
    Nothing specific, but what was your over all impression of the exam? Hard, but Fair? Or maybe not? There have been comments that it isn't aligned to the blueprint. One poster said they recieved a refund after complaining.

It was a little tricky, but it didn't seem overly difficult.

Well, when I clicked submit, I thought I might have pulled it off. It said I failed, and I did the survey, filled out more paperwork and sat for the CCNA: Wireless exam (640-722).

I scored 832/1000. I'm pretty sure I had some problems on the sims. I don't know, but I think that's where I messed up.

To pass the 640-554, you have to score at least 895/1000. This is what makes the test difficult. The 210-260's passing score is lower, 860.

I hope that answers your question.
  • Options
    techfiend wrote: »
    "Check out the big brain on hannism!" honestly I've never seen someone try to pass 2 CCNA's the same day, that's nuts. Would have been quite a feat if you pulled it off!

You're giving me terrible, no good, very bad ideas.

I think the 2x A+ would be easiest, followed by 2x Linux+ then Net+ and Sec+. ICND1 + ICND2 would be much more difficult and expensive then the composite, you probably should check in to a mental ward at that point. 2 MCSA's in 1 day?

LOL. I told the guys in my networking department that I was taking two CCNA exams. Everyone said it was crazy.

A lot of people didn't think I would pull it off.

But, I said to myself... No one thinks you can do it. But, if you do pull it off, it would be quite an accomplishment.

I thought, "Go big or go home. If I'm going to fail, I'm going to fail attempting something great."

The problem with this world is a lot people are afraid to fail, and they let the fear of failure paralyze them.

Anything I do, I'm willing to fail. But, I keep going because I believe in my dream and vision, and know its the right thing to do.
  • Options
    If I had seen this thread a few weeks ago I would have tried the 2x Linux tests. After all it took me less than 3 weeks to study and pass both but it was mainly a refresher. I have 4+ years of unprofessional, thus no company cares, linux experience primarily on servers.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    LOL. I told the guys in my networking department that I was taking two CCNA exams. Everyone said it was crazy.

A lot of people didn't think I would pull it off.

But, I said to myself... No one thinks you can do it. But, if you do pull it off, it would be quite an accomplishment.

I thought, "Go big or go home. If I'm going to fail, I'm going to fail attempting something great."

The problem with this world is a lot people are afraid to fail, and they let the fear of failure paralyze them.

Anything I do, I'm willing to fail. But, I keep going because I believe in my dream and vision, and know its the right thing to do.

Good on you. I like the attitude, should be more of it :)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Good on you. I like the attitude, should be more of it :)

Agreed!! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    I didn't learn my lesson.

Took and passed Linux+ exams today.

LX0-103: 750/800
    LX0-104: 630/800
  • Options
    Ya there you go! I wish I did the same thing, mainly so I could say I passed two cert tests in a day.