Second trial for OS and failed by one question!!! 495/505

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
I went to test center and took OS for second time...as a guy who passed Hardware at the first time, and failed OS on the first trial, I studied harder on Groth's study guide plus exam practice questions. What happened, this is really frustrating, and how on this earth i failed cause i missed one question.

Please some one tell me what to do!!! I am trying not to be down, as i never gave up in my life ..
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• SpyWebSpyWeb Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey man.... It's sad but.... When I took it, I got a pretty good score. I tried the Boson practice exams and it helped a lot.
    So why dont you give a try on more practice exams than studying books?
    You missed by one question so YOU know the material....
    AS I always say.... I had the right answers they had the wrong questions.....

Good luck for your next try.
    SpyWeb.jpg

"I Had the Right Answers... The exam had the wrong questions!!!"
    SpyWeb
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Mikephyu wrote:
    I went to test center and took OS for second time...as a guy who passed Hardware at the first time, and failed OS on the first trial, I studied harder on Groth's study guide plus exam practice questions. What happened, this is really frustrating, and how on this earth i failed cause i missed one question.

Please some one tell me what to do!!! I am trying not to be down, as i never gave up in my life ..

Not looking to sound crass, but you wouldn't have failed by missing only 1 question.

How much hands-on experience do you have? There is a difference between studying and reviewing material that one knows for prepartion for an exam.

Practice with some of the OS's and get familiar with their layouts, terms etc.. Load and unload, try to upgarde, etc.. this will help lock in things that you read about. And try again.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    3rd times a charm.....that was my story. Real high hardware score, damn OS screwed me twice.....I just calmed down, reread the objectives, and studied. Scored just as high on OS as I did on hardware when I did pass.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It looks like you're pretty close. You probably got a feeling for what didn't look familiar to you, and what questions you're not sure of. If that is the case, I would say you're almost there. Another 2 - 3 weeks of studying up on these topics will surely put you well over the magic 505 line. If you're not sure what you're getting wrong, it might be time to step back a little further. Make a new plan and maybe, leave Groth out of it and bring Mike Meyers into it.

But don't feel bad; a lot of people come up short once or twice on these exams. They're a lot harder than you'd think and anybody who passes them deserves a lot of credit! You'll get there.

SpyWeb, That's some code you're running there! Thanks for not telling everybody when one of us who's reading it is in our underwear!
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    I wouldnt get too down on yourself. I also failed the OS test when i took it. just have to pick your self up and go back at it. I know its easier said than done, when I failed i just wanted to say "f**k it" but i went back at it, determined to pass, and sure enough the next time I did just that.

when writing these exams you do need a little bit of luck on your side. 1 or 2 questions difference you'd be A+ certified. I would also suggest that maybe you should look at picking up the Mike Meyers all in one a+ book. remember keep at it, you'll get it.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security