Options

Failed 410!

I Failed!

Score: 448

# of questions: 47

Going in i was confident enough to pass the test, I knew I wasn't going to get a high score from the jump.. the measureUP practice test gave me that confidence because I was getting high 70s and 80s most of the time.

**half way through I knew I wasn't going to pass!**

some of the things it was asking I never even heard of! like.. what command can U use to limit an administrator to only being able to create 100 objects in the domain?! WTF if anyone can find the answer PLZ let me know. I felt like crap. The Craig Zacker book is so week in comparison to what U have to know to pass this test that I should've downloaded the torrent instead of spending money on the actual book! I literally only know half of what i need to know.

In the end im not mad @ MS or The Ref Book... This is my fault because i do have the time to study (lots of it) at work at home weekends.. I didn't want it bad enough so i blame myself for not giving %100 to this. I can play Black Ops 3 for hrs and hrs but i cant put that time and effort towards getting certified.

But i will do this, i will pass!! icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    BoxxerBoxxer Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Some advice I can give you is that you need to set a schedule for yourself. I have had problems with gaming in the past, but I have trained myself to follow a schedule I set for study time while still allowing some time for things such as gaming. You need to be goal oriented as well and set goals alongside your schedule so once you reach a specific achievement in your studies like finishing and learning/mastering a certain topic you can reward yourself by playing Black Ops 3 or whatever.

How I was able to accomplish this is by scheduling maybe an hour per day to study and then after a week I would increase it to 2 hours, but not all at once, you can break it up into different time slots depending on your current schedule. From there I would see how much I can handle in one setting without going nuts :) Now I am able to study about 4-6 hours a days split between work and at home, it mostly depends on how much free time I have at work, but at home I can get about 2 hours in a day normally.

Good luck I hope this helps!
  • Options
    ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    Boxxer wrote: »
    Some advice I can give you is that you need to set a schedule for yourself. I have had problems with gaming in the past, but I have trained myself to follow a schedule I set for study time while still allowing some time for things such as gaming. You need to be goal oriented as well and set goals alongside your schedule so once you reach a specific achievement in your studies like finishing and learning/mastering a certain topic you can reward yourself by playing Black Ops 3 or whatever.

How I was able to accomplish this is by scheduling maybe an hour per day to study and then after a week I would increase it to 2 hours, but not all at once, you can break it up into different time slots depending on your current schedule. From there I would see how much I can handle in one setting without going nuts :) Now I am able to study about 4-6 hours a days split between work and at home, it mostly depends on how much free time I have at work, but at home I can get about 2 hours in a day normally.

Good luck I hope this helps!

Thank u for your suggestion
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Clint Boessen's Blog: What is the NTDS Quotas container in Active Directory?

Quotas.

EDIT: Also unlucky on the fail mate, smash it on the next one.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    knownhero wrote: »
    Clint Boessen's Blog: What is the NTDS Quotas container in Active Directory?

Quotas.

EDIT: Also unlucky on the fail mate, smash it on the next one.

Thank u knownhero i will never forget this question !
  • Options
    poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is not a book that will cover 100% of the objectives and every relevant thing you need to know to pass any of the MS tests. Trust me, if such a book existed, it would be overwhelmingly commonly suggested. Use books and training videos as guides to the objectives. They point you in the right direction. Then use the practice tests to refine where you are falling short and lastly use technets and labbing to actually understand the details of the content.

MeasureUp is not my favorite test and I imagine they paid Microsoft some serious money to become the recommended practice test. I used them in the past and found them to be unhelpful too easy. For the 410 I found Transcender's tests to be a lot better for preparing for the content. That all being said, are you using practice tests the way they are intended? I have been guilty of using them to study in the past by continuously retaking them until I started getting good scores when the reality was I was memorizing the question and answer combinations. That kind of study won't help you with the Microsoft test. Use the practice tests to test where you are so you can target your study to one or two objectives.

Sorry about the test. 410 was a challenge. It has a lot of material that doesn't seem to fit together perfectly. Keep going and use the 2nd shot. You can get it next time if you focus and go all in on your study.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Options
    poolmanjim wrote: »
    There is not a book that will cover 100% of the objectives and every relevant thing you need to know to pass any of the MS tests. Trust me, if such a book existed, it would be overwhelmingly commonly suggested. Use books and training videos as guides to the objectives. They point you in the right direction. Then use the practice tests to refine where you are falling short and lastly use technets and labbing to actually understand the details of the content.

MeasureUp is not my favorite test and I imagine they paid Microsoft some serious money to become the recommended practice test. I used them in the past and found them to be unhelpful too easy. For the 410 I found Transcender's tests to be a lot better for preparing for the content. That all being said, are you using practice tests the way they are intended? I have been guilty of using them to study in the past by continuously retaking them until I started getting good scores when the reality was I was memorizing the question and answer combinations. That kind of study won't help you with the Microsoft test. Use the practice tests to test where you are so you can target your study to one or two objectives.

Sorry about the test. 410 was a challenge. It has a lot of material that doesn't seem to fit together perfectly. Keep going and use the 2nd shot. You can get it next time if you focus and go all in on your study.

Yea MU is to easy i agree.. and after taking the test i feel like i was memorizing the answers to those questions. what i do know is what I did hands on