Options

Passwed ICND1....onto ICND2

monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I sat for ICND1 this past weekend and got an 855, not the best but hey i'll take it. As for ICND2 what are some recommend study tips? I plan on getting CBTnuggets as I was very pleased with it for ICND1 as well as Odom's book. Will these be sufficient? Also will I need physical equipment or are emulators such as Packet Tracer still viable?

I plan on taking my time with this one as I am still early in my helpdesk role and don't plan on looking for a new position, but will definayl start looking for an admin type role once i have CCNA.

Thank you all

Comments

• Options
    bender_fender100bender_fender100 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing ICND1! From what I've read around here, INCD2 can be more difficult than ICND1 because you have less time to answer everything and there's a lot more configuration on the test. I've seen Chris Bryant's videos and Kevin Wallace's videos get recommended a lot. There are also some commands that you won't be able to do in Packet Tracer but you could do in GNS3 or on live equipment.
    Working on CCENT and nearly almost there. Retake in December and pass, then after that, study for ICND2 and work on CCNA Security and look into Microsoft certifications. No previous IT certs.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    CiscoWayneCiscoWayne Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    monorion wrote: »
    Hello All,

I sat for ICND1 this past weekend and got an 855, not the best but hey i'll take it. As for ICND2 what are some recommend study tips? I plan on getting CBTnuggets as I was very pleased with it for ICND1 as well as Odom's book. Will these be sufficient? Also will I need physical equipment or are emulators such as Packet Tracer still viable?

I plan on taking my time with this one as I am still early in my helpdesk role and don't plan on looking for a new position, but will definayl start looking for an admin type role once i have CCNA.

Thank you all

Congrats on the pass mate. Don't worry about the score, a pass is a pass.

Packet Tracer and GNS3 will get you through the CCNA no problems. Packet Tracer has a few limitations but you can do most switching topics in there. My preference is to do anything routing based on GNS3 though.

I found ICND2 harder than ICND1, but I also gave myself alot shorter timeframe to pass ICND2 (6 weeks).

Let us know how you get on.

PS - I'd suggest another video series like bender_fender has mentioned. You'll need something more indepth than the CBT vids. They're good, but pretty high level. Chris Bryant is good and they usually have offers on Udemy for his whole series for like £12.
    CCENT [X] CCNA [X] CCNP Switch [ ] CCNP Route [ ] CCNP Troubleshoot [ ]
    Now working on CCNP Switch
  • Options
    monorionmonorion Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you all, much appreciated for the tips, I am super excited to get this done and ready to move out of the help desk role. Good luck with future studies!