Options

Passed the 640-554 today

eddie174eddie174 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not a difficult test. Passed with a 912. Most questions with the exception of the VPN are were relatively easy, straight foreword and common sense if you have done the CCNA Routing and Switching. My only recommendation is that you feel comfortable with CCP! I bought the Boson 640-554 practice labs because I was too lazy to set up GNS3. Without those Labs I would not have passed the test. I received a 44% in the VPN area of the test so I would be familiar with that too.

Comments

• Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Congratulations on passing.

Does the Boson 640-554 practice labs emulate CCP? I'm assuming they do based on what you put down.
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!

I still think 640-554 is the easiest Cisco exam I've ever taken. It was way less material to cover than 640-802. I found the VPN portion of CCNP Security easy as well since I had to do so much VPN related work when I started my current role.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    eddie174eddie174 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Replying to hannism... The Boson practice labs are on real but remote equipment. So when you are dealing with the management terminal you are in Windows 7 environment. Everything works.. The routers and switches act the same as real equipment. On the VPN lab you RDP into another terminal.