Options

ISC2 - CISSP - Online live training reviews

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

Has anyone done the ISC2 official online live training https://www.isc2.org/liveonline/default.aspx. The sessions are 2.5 hours over 8 weeks.

Can anyone provide any feedback in terms of the quality of the training, and how exam ready you could be following the 8 weeks training. I will also be studying the Sybex 7th edition and the new CBT nuggets.

I'm an IT security professional currently working in an operational IT security analyst role. I have worked in IT for about 15 years in support, desktop server and more profoundly in network security and security. I have also been responsible for security delivery in one role which encompassed risk management and security strategy. My experience covers of quite a few of the domains. The weakest one for me would be probably software development.

If anyone could provide specific feedback on the ISC2 training that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken this online training, but have tried others and honestly the free Cybrary training is by far the best in my opinion.
  • Options
    cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    g33k3r wrote: »
    I haven't taken this online training, but have tried others and honestly the free Cybrary training is by far the best in my opinion.

Awesome! thanks for the reply. I will check out cybrary.
  • Options
    GuyotronGuyotron Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really enjoyed and had great success with a SANS MGT414 CISSP vLive class. It has a live instructor and was two nights a week, 4 hours each night, for 8 weeks. I took the class Sept/Oct this year, and passed the exam this week.
  • Options
    Nabsh07Nabsh07 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Guy;
    Who was your instructor ? I was looking into it. Noticed that the class runs 7 PM - 11 PM. Kinda late for someone in the Easter Time Zone.
    Also do you mind telling me if it was a review of the concepts OR a bootcamp like setup?
  • Options
    steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am taking the ISC2 online course starting tomorrow actually. I did the QA one last June which I found good, but was told that they are not official course, it was their interpretation, however I thought the instructor was very good. Work commitments that followed, I just lost the momentum so trying again with the evening courses. Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm-8:30pm...
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry: