Options

70-411

Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Noticed there was no sticky for 70-411, Whats people using to study for this exam? Thank in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi there!

I usually start off by watching the CBT nuggets videos. I have changed the way a revise with every exam I have taken, as I have got more experience and found more ways to revise. When doing 70-410 and 70-411 I watched these videos and took notes, then read back through my notes after, I also find TechNet useful for filling in gaps. Then it is usually an idea to look at a few practise questions (I find aio******** website useful, as it is not just a braindump but also allows people to discuss the answers)
    Now that I have a lab environment available to me (currently revising for the first of 2 exchange exams), I have watched the CBT nuggets videos twice (first time just watching, second taking notes) I am now half way through watching them a third time following along in my lab. After this I will probably read mastering Exchange Server 2013 (which I have found a free PDF version of) and then again go on TechNet and probably also aio********. I might also do the Microsoft virtual academy course for this exam. You can also find videos on youtube for certain exams.
    From my previous exams, the reason I struggled with some parts was down to not labbing things. When you do things yourself it is so much easier to take things in and remember them (where you clicked, what options you had, what happened etc), when you are watching videos they don't always go into every tab for example.

By the way, I am assuming you have passed 70-410 since you are studying for 70-411? How difficult/what score did you get?
  • Options
    Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah done the 70-410 about a year ago passed in the 800's if i remember rightly. Im just looking really to see what books and souces people have used. the 70-411 will be Conrad video's....that guy chats all kinds of random rubbish about random photo's or mountains! i will listen to his labs once but i dont find them/him the best if im honest.
  • Options
    Ginger9997 wrote: »
    Yeah done the 70-410 about a year ago passed in the 800's if i remember rightly. Im just looking really to see what books and souces people have used. the 70-411 will be Conrad video's....that guy chats all kinds of random rubbish about random photo's or mountains! i will listen to his labs once but i dont find them/him the best if im honest.

I found that the MCSA exams got harder, 70-410 I passed with 765 or something but 70-411 got bang on 700. Then the 70-412 was really hard it took me 3 attempts. The videos for the 70-412 / exchange first exams are probably better as the ones I watched were done by Greg Shields who gets right to the point.
    Conrad does talk a lot of rubbish like you said, he could get it done in half the time if he cut that out like Greg does.
  • Options
    thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joeswfc wrote: »
    I found that the MCSA exams got harder, 70-410 I passed with 765 or something but 70-411 got bang on 700. Then the 70-412 was really hard it took me 3 attempts. The videos for the 70-412 / exchange first exams are probably better as the ones I watched were done by Greg Shields who gets right to the point.
    Conrad does talk a lot of rubbish like you said, he could get it done in half the time if he cut that out like Greg does.

lol, I remember trying to figure out how much time he spent on talking rubbish. An average of 2 minutes per nuggets, and 30 nuggets in a course. Given that each nugget is approximately 30 minutes, he could simply cram all that crap into 2 separate nuggets and offer them for free on YouTube.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Options
    thatguy67 wrote: »
    lol, I remember trying to figure out how much time he spent on talking rubbish. An average of 2 minutes per nuggets, and 30 nuggets in a course. Given that each nugget is approximately 30 minutes, he could simply cram all that crap into 2 separate nuggets and offer them for free on YouTube.

I would say at least 2 minutes per video! "this is a picture of the grand canyon... Oh what is that in the background, let me just zoom in there. Oh it's a deer!" one example lol! Greg is much better, just watched a video on exchange network load balancing it only lasted 15 minutes and he covered everything