Pluralsight vs CBT Nuggets for the MCSA:Server 2012?

What do you guys think? Which one is better? At least for the 70-410?

Comments

• TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets has always been solid for me but don't rely on them alone. Get a book.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I had to choose only one, it would be PluralSight. Their videos are more manageable, both mentally and time-wise. Each video covers one task and are usually quite succinct.

As the previous poster said, a video course won't be enough. TechNet articles, labs and books helped me too. No one source gave me success.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • systemstechsystemstech Member Posts: 120
    Guys,

Thanks. Can anyone else comment on which one is better? I know that I shouldn't use just videos.. that's not my concern. I'm just looking for which is better, CBT or Pluralsight?
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    CBT nuggets has a guy name James Conrad. If you like to listen to utter crap for like 2-5 minutes a video either about his website, wife's cooking, photography or anything else unrelated to the subject. I would use them.

Dont get me wrong. They are useful videos and cover most of what you need to know, but I just cannot stomach James for more than a single video. Pluralsight are decent (used for PowerShell videos) but I no longer have access to them.

I am currently rocking the 30 day "free" trial with ITPRO.tv their pretty good. To the point and no mess. PLUS they give you free Transcender exams.

Over all. Its down to personal taste. I would (going to get in trouble for this) torrent the CBT nugget videos. And pay for either PluralSight or ITPRO
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How does one sign up for this 30 day "free" trial for ITPRO.tv?
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would agree that cbt james is very BLAAAA. don't like to hear about his wife, vacations and other stuff. now the PluralSight there videos are much better. The videos are short but straight to the point. Shows the powershell, and had 2 different instructors taking turns on the course. That to me helps when i hear someone voice for so long.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pluralsight is much better with Windows 2012 than CBT Nuggets.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is Ed Liberman still doing the Pluralsight videos? He did a series on the Microsoft Virtual Academy for the 70-417. I definitely like him a lot more than James Conrad. I'll agree with the above posters about James' inability to stay on topic and he's always pushing his photography website. Lets open a browser and talk about my site for 10 minutes here.... Oh yeah, I guess finally remembering to put in a default gateway fixed our inability to reach anything.....

And if I hear him refer to every /24 he encounters as a "Class C mask" one more time.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Just go to their site and sign up. I say its free, because they do a money back thing after 30 days if you didnt like it.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• systemstechsystemstech Member Posts: 120
    Hi guys,

I see it's Greg Shields doing the videos on Pluralsight. Cool, a lot of people are saying the cheaper route! Definitely not a bad thing to me. Sweet, I'll continue my membership with Pluralsight.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Greg Shields is much better than James Conrad.

CBT Nuggets just ammends their series with a few R2 videos at the end.

Pluralsight(Trainsignal) actually created a whole new series from scratch for 2012 R2.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree