Options

CISSP endorsement taking forever

renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok not forever, but I'm at the 3-week mark (submitted the endorsement 9/1/15) and I've seen many others get their endorsement designation email in 2 weeks lately. I had an endorser and plenty of experience so I don't see what could be the hold up.

Getting more and more anxious as the days go by and I've begun compulsively scanning my inbox and logging into the isc2 website.

I know I should just relax because it should be a no-brainer for the reviewer to approve it but I procrastinated for 5 months after getting my score notice and I have dark premonitions of not getting the cert within the 9-month period and being forced to retake the $600 ordeal.

If someone reading this recently got their endorsement complete email more than 3 weeks after they submitted the form, that would relieve my anxiety a little. I know, if I'd just done the paperwork right after the test like I should've I'd have had the cert months ago. My backside is plenty sore from kicking myself.

Comments

• Options
    jasonperry10jasonperry10 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It took me about 3.5-4 weeks to get my approval. I didn't have an endorser and had isc2 endorse me. Now I'm just waiting on my certificate.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What 9-month timeframe are you talking about?

Does it not revert to associate if you don't complete the endorsement?
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    What 9-month timeframe are you talking about?

Does it not revert to associate if you don't complete the endorsement?

You have 9 months from the day you receive results of a passing score to complete the endorsement or you have to retake the exam. If you don't have the sufficient experience for CISSP you have to submit the form anyway to an Associate of ISC2.
  • Options
    renacido wrote: »
    You have 9 months from the day you receive results of a passing score to complete the endorsement or you have to retake the exam. If you don't have the sufficient experience for CISSP you have to submit the form anyway to an Associate of ISC2.
    Where are you getting your facts? When you register for the exam there is a spot to submit to be an Associate, and in the email you receive upon passing says you have up to 6 years to achieve the work experience (and must maintain the cpe requirements to maintain). If you don't get the experience, or maintain the cpe's and fees....then you must retake the exam.
  • Options
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    Where are you getting your facts? When you register for the exam there is a spot to submit to be an Associate, and in the email you receive upon passing says you have up to 6 years to achieve the work experience (and must maintain the cpe requirements to maintain). If you don't get the experience, or maintain the cpe's and fees....then you must retake the exam.

From the ISC2 website:

"With the endorsement time limit, you are required to become certified within nine months of the date of your exam or become an Associate of (ISC)². If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam, you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified. "

I have over a decade of full-time experience in infosec so none of this banter about becoming an Associate of ISC2 pertains to me. I was simply asking those who have recently completed their CISSP endorsement process if theirs took longer than 3 weeks because lately it seems that 2 weeks had become the norm.
  • Options
    Found it...that's the first time I've seen that. Sorry I got it off track just was curious.
  • Options
    ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    just stop worrying too much and do something else, mine took 6 weeks.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    From the ISC2 website:

"With the endorsement time limit, you are required to become certified within nine months of the date of your exam or become an Associate of (ISC)². If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam, you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified. "

I have over a decade of full-time experience in infosec so none of this banter about becoming an Associate of ISC2 pertains to me. I was simply asking those who have recently completed their CISSP endorsement process if theirs took longer than 3 weeks because lately it seems that 2 weeks had become the norm.

This is the first time that has made sense to me. So, if you don't have necessary experience, you apply to become an Associate and then have 6 years to get the experience. If you don't apply to become an Associate (or apply for full certification), then you have to resit in 9 months.

My problem is that although I probably have the experience (writing security policy, implementing recommendations from audit, access controls on servers, identity management, firewalls etc etc), I don't know if I can get the right people to confirm this experience. The impression I get is that if you can convince someone to endorse you, it is up to that person to confirm experience and not ISC2. So, just need to find work with a jolly CISSP :)

CISSP is late next year for me, anyway.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    I don't think there is an actual process after the fact to apply to become an Associate. When I scheduled there was an option to become an associate, and when I passed my email and account say Associate.

The rest of the site said something about maintaining credits and fees to remain an associate.
  • Options
    jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You are automatically an Associate once you pass the exam. You then have 6 years to meet the experience requirement to get the full CISSP endorsement. You won't have to take the exam again if you get endorsed in the next 6 years.
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey renacido,

I just clicked send on my completed endorsement form. Did you email or regular mail the form in when you submitted yours?
  • Options
    havoc64 wrote: »
    Hey renacido,

I just clicked send on my completed endorsement form. Did you email or regular mail the form in when you submitted yours?

Emailed it. Make sure your email address on the ISC2 portal (isc2.org) is current because that's the address they use to send you confirmation that they've received your form and your endorsement notification once they've reviewed it. I recommend using a personal email address so you don't have to remember to update it when you transition to a new job/company.
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Recacido, I do have my personal email address associated with my (ISC)2 account. Hopefully we'll see the initials after your name soon!.
  • Options
    I'm at the 30-day mark and still nothing from ISC2. Maybe they're short staffed right now. I'm not stressed about it anymore, too busy with life and work.
  • Options
    ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm at the 30-day mark and still nothing from ISC2. Maybe they're short staffed right now. I'm not stressed about it anymore, too busy with life and work.

Yesterday was my 5 week mark. With the holidays and everything, I'm sure it's going to take a bit longer than normal.
  • Options
    Woo hoo!! It's official now. All I can say to those waiting for their good news is ... Think about other stuff and try to be patient.
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My endorsement verification took between 6 and 7 weeks.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I submitted my CSSLP application on 1st Nov for ISC2 to endorse (i.e. audit) and just received the good news as well.
    My guess is that your application was selected for audit hence the delay.

Congrats!