Options

Passed Today 11-23-2015

kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is one post I never thought I would write. I passed the CISSP today on my first attempt.

My company paid for the voucher over two years ago. I have paid for three rescheduling fees because I could not get motivated to study. I would listen to Shon Harris tapes in the car on my long commute but I just couldn't open a book. I am a systems administrator and have some security background. Finally I got tired of paying extension fees and decided this would be the time. I found just recently the Cybrary videos. These were awesome. I wish I had found them sooner. I did not get to finish them but I listened up until the last minute this morning on the way to the test. The only book I glanced out was the Conrad - 11th hour. I also printed and read through the Sunflower pdf. Thats it. It was a hectic weekend of 11th hour and taking Transcender tests. I probably did around 500 questions this weekend.

Test day. Testing center an hour away. I left two hours early. Ran into traffic on the highway but was still 30 minutes early. Decided I needed a spicy chicken with egg biscuit from Chick-fil-a. Made it back to testing center with 4 minutes to spare. Took a bathroom break before I started. Made it through 119 questions before I needed another break. Took about 10 minutes eating, drinking and bathroom break. Finished in less than three hours. I thought the questions were fair. There were many that I knew immediately. An equal amount that I narrowed it down to two immediately. I answered those and marked them for review. Others I had no idea on any answer so I picked one and moved on. I did not mark those. When I was done, I went through four or five of the marked questions and decided I wasn't changing anything. I finished the test. Based on posts here, I knew one sheet of paper meant I passed and multiples meant I failed. She handed me two but I saw the second page briefly and there was only a couple of sentences. I was pretty sure I passed. I cleaned out my locker and went outside before looking. I almost cried I was so happy to be done. I really do not want to take any more certs for a while.

I hope this helped some people. Cybrary is a great, great tool. After months and months and months of Shon, hearing a different voice was great. Good luck to you all.

Comments

• Options
    CLICKCLICK Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing and Congrats on the pass..well done indeed !
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome story. Can easily imagine this "almost crying" thing, hehe
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    harun52harun52 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello,

do you suggest the following book ?
    [h=2]CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide ( 7 th edition)[/h][COLOR=#555555 !important]by [COLOR=#555555 !important]James M. Stewart and [/COLOR][COLOR=#555555 !important]Mike Chapple[/COLOR][/COLOR]

thank you
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! It seems more often than not, the first answer that comes to my head is the correct answer. Once I start to "think" about the question and chose my second choice it turns out to be wrong. Cry? I'll probably do that regardless of the outcome.
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm starting out with Cybrary now and than I'll be taking the SANS OnDemand course. I already have the 11th hour book and will probably get the Conrad 3rd edition. Excited to get started.
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    rajpoot296rajpoot296 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□