Options

Passed CEH :)

Fidellz254Fidellz254 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was a long two month journey but I can finally say it paid off and I passed the CEH test tonight via ProctorU was a a hard exam a lot of the question go so far in depth that it make it hard to understand. I used the full test time and made it out with a 75%. Now I can close this chapter of the book and begin to start studying another Cert in the next few months... Word to the wise study hard

Comments

• Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good job, what's next?
  • Options
    ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congats !! Can you please advise what study material you used?
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Congrats! Glad to hear that people are passing the "revised" exam. Everyone will want to know:
    ivandavids wrote: »
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    ivandavids wrote: »

Well I used the Matt Walker all in one and the practice question. I also took the test 3 times. I failed twice but in those fails I ended up remembering a few questions and realized the test wording is weird so you have to pay attention. I also used the practice test my job gave us. CBT nugget videos were really good and knowing your vulnerabilities will take you far on this test. Alot of the incident management and risk stuff I knew from the college classes I took back when I attended Sam Houston State University
  • Options
    gncsmith wrote: »
    Congratulations! Good job, what's next?

I plan on studying for my CCNA Security. CEH was just a requirement to keep my job working for the DoD
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! So Matt Walker's v8 book was decent for the v9 test? I think I'm still going to wait until actual v9 material comes out.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, going through the Matt Walker AIO 2nd edition and Pluralsight videos now.
  • Options
    deyavideyavi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed too the CEH today on my first attempt (80%, not that it matters though).
    I only found out two days ago about the new exam version. I thought on rescheduling the exam and prepare it with v9 materials, but I decided to give it a try (I'm glad I did).

I prepared it mainly with Matt Walker's AIO and total tester. I also reviewed heartblead, poodle and shellshock (a few questions about them), risk analysis (ALE, SLE, ARO..), cloud (although right now I don't recall if there was any question about cloud computing)...

A good place to start is Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures Course Outline | EC-Council and take a look to new stuff.

I believe with v8 materials and knowing your stuff (i.e. don't memorize the questions, the'll be different, but the concepts are the same) is enough to pass. Or maybe I just got lucky, but I didn't feel like I was doing a completely different exam as other people were saying.

Congrats to those who passed, and good luck to those who will try it soon.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    anton73anton73 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to you guys Fidellz254 & deyavi ..Well done to get through this!

Fidellz254 Yes it seems after all that to get through this test someone needs to go wider than then official exam blueprint i.e into risk management , incident management etc..

Thanks guys I believe through sharing our experiences with this test we can identify and overcome the unexpected
    icon_study.gif

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    deyavi wrote: »
    I just passed too the CEH today on my first attempt (80%, not that it matters though).

Congrats to you too. I am glad that things seem to be returning back to normal for the exam. I only hope that EC Council has learnt something from all this and will communicate better with the community.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    UniquewarlockUniquewarlock Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man Congratz on your pass! I just failed the second time also, I didn't really remember anything from my 1st attempt (Long story v.v) but I remember almost 30 random thoughts from the test so my question for you is: Did you feel like on your 3rd attempt, it was the same test? Was it different slightly? Randomized maybe? Thanks for the insight and again, Congratz! I hope to be in your shoes soon and thanks for the response
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Hey man Congratz on your pass! I just failed the second time also, I didn't really remember anything from my 1st attempt (Long story v.v) but I remember almost 30 random thoughts from the test so my question for you is: Did you feel like on your 3rd attempt, it was the same test? Was it different slightly? Randomized maybe? Thanks for the insight and again, Congratz! I hope to be in your shoes soon and thanks for the response

My third time taking the test was very frustrating because I felt I should of passed it my 2nd go around. Pretty much the questions are the same you will get a few questions that my change. I seen about 15 different questions from test 2 to test 3 & to be honest my 3rd test i had more questions I knew because I knew how to approach the test. Take your time with test don't rush through use all the time you can. I used all but 3 mins on my third test and passed but i really analyzed the questions by slowing reading and trying to make sense out of what was being said. I hope this helps