Contract ended, apply or not?

AB.CalculusAB.Calculus Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
My contract ended 2 weeks ago and wanted to know would it be a good idea to apply for unemployment or not?. My main concern is, in regards to unemployment: I'm required to notify my staffing agency before filing, which I don't mind. But would that work against me if I apply and the staffing agency will not bother to work with me again?

What are your guys thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• aschenbecheraschenbecher Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A friend of mine did it. The staffing company never offered him any other jobs.
    They never said anything but i think they didn't like the fact he applied for UE.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, get Unemployment, it is there for that reason (and you have paid into it). It won't work against you, unless you don't follow the rules of UE.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely apply for unemployment while you look for new opportunities. You gotta pay your bills. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63