Options

Passed and still in shock 11-28-2015

koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Took a couple of months to study. A month of which was spent getting past the first chapter of the new CBK! I gave up on reading that and finished the Stewart, Chapple and Gibson guide. After that I watched the Larry Greenblatt beta bootcamp on Youtube.

I then purchased the Transcender and CCCure practice tests. The CCCure tests were a little closer to the real exam, but only just. I took a load of these on Pro level in study and test mode. Explanations were good.

The test was different enough to be scary. I really thought I was going to fail horribly. The one thing that I believe saved me was the managerial aspect. Once I had two answers to choose from, I chose the vaguer, more managerial option. I believe I know my stuff, but I did feel lost a lot of the time.

I am a quick reader, and this helped me finish the whole thing in two hours. I only reviewed four questions, as i did not want to second guess myself.

If you are thinking about doing it, just bite the bullet and schedule a date. it will help you focus. Carpe Diem

Comments

• Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! What a great thing to get done with and now you can enjoy the holidays!!
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not sure if the "vaguer" answer is necessarily the correct answer but you definitely have to approach the exam like you are running the department.

Congrats!
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the suggestion of "Larry Greenblatt beta bootcamp on Youtube", I haven't seen that one yet.
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How useful were the Larry Green blast videos
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    malinomsmalinoms Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Clm wrote: »
    How useful were the Larry Green blast videos

Not sure how well Larry Greenblatt's videos help as I am not certified yet, but I recently attended a class taught here in Hawaii through UKI and he is a great teacher. He breaks each subject down very well and makes the content understandable and fun to learn. Give his videos a shot and let me know how your test goes.

-Mark
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    koenigss15 wrote: »
    If you are thinking about doing it, just bite the bullet and schedule a date. it will help you focus. Carpe Diem

Couldn't agree more!

Congrats!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□