Options

WGU Starting 1 Jan 2016; BS:IT:Security Focus

124»

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    C456 down, leaving only technical writing and the capstone...
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    bermovick wrote: »
    C456 down, leaving only technical writing and the capstone...

Wow, congratulations. How is you wife doing with her program?
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    She switched from IT:Network Admin to IT:Security a few months back, when we were considering moving straight into the Masters, so now has to do the ICND1, ICND2 and CCNA:Security classes. She has 1 of the 3 down, then the 2 capstone classes.

• Options
    After a long hiatus, and with the end of term looming, I finally finished my Technical writing Saturday evening and got it submitted. Sitting at 21 in the queue currently.

Jess switched (back) to the Network Administration focus after struggling a lot with the CCNA Security and completed her degree within the past month

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for posting your progress. I start this program 1/1/2017
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    I think the thing I dislike the most about taskstream is that when it gets kicked back for corrections and you resubmit, you're all the way back at the end of the queue again. With multi-day queue times, it just kinda sucks.

UPDATE: On the other hand, after queuing down to about 75 from 160, suddenly success! Only the capstone itself remains

• Options
    Rylee1246Rylee1246 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is very motivating. I will also be starting on January 1st 2017. Hoping to find an IT job in the SA-TX area.

From what others have said, you can use your technical writing for your capstone, so you might be really close to done!
  • Options
    Yes, the majority of your capstone is just converting your technical writing paper from a proposal to an after-action report. Future-tense to Past-tense, then add a couple sections.

Taskstream stalking started about 10PM last night; I'm at 77 in queue right now. I kindof expect it to get kicked back (not because I did a poor job, I just accept that it might to save frustration), but hoping it won't!

• Options
    Got the passing email while I was out at lunch! icon_cheers.gif

• Options
    ksijurksijur Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done! Congrats!
  • Options
    This will be my last post in this thread (unless I have to reply to someone else), as I've started a new thread for my Master's attempt. I kinda feel bad about bumping this to the top just to say that, but cest la vie.

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nicely done !! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63