Options

What I.T Jobs Could I Land With

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
An A.A.S Networking Technology degree:
Http://www.waynecc.edu/networking

And certifications suchs as Comptia A+/Network+/Sec+ and CCNA?

And experience with home and classroom cisco labs?

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Do you have any work experience? Maybe at first Desktop Support or Help Desk...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
    I currently do no have any experience aside from hobbies and labs
  • Options
    SegoviaSegovia Member Posts: 119
    Probably an internship or two to start, then a desktop support/helpdesk role like scaredoftests mentioned.

With the CCNA though if you're lucky and someone likes you, a sweet network or datacenter technician job.
    WGU BS - IT Security ... Enrollment Date 10/15 ... Progress 45/124 CU {36%}
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Help Desk/NOC/Desktop Support roles would be the most likely to start off your career. I would also recommend doing some volunteer work at churches, libraries, or schools to build your experience and resume.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A+/N+/S+ alone would put you in a lot of helpdesk jobs. Having 2 of those 3 would be enough in a decent job market for an entry-level gig.

Then add others while you're working and gaining experience.

Don't wait until you have a bunch of certs to start working in IT. Work history trumps certs and education both, plus you get paid while building it.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got a contract job with just an Associates. I think it helped that I put protonic.com on resume as I'd been helping them for about a year here and there. Definitely get those certs, but you may be able to squeeze in with volunteer experience.