Statistics on passing Security+ 401

Skip1973Skip1973 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have an stats on the number of attempts it takes for the average individual to pass the Security+ 401 Exam? At $300+ failing cannot be much of an option for me.

Again, thank you.

Comments

  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Did you already purchase your voucher? I am the cheapest person anyone knows and I agree with you. You can always buy the Voucher + re-take for $372 or something like that.....think about it...buy single voucher, fail, take test again = $600. Buy re-take, fail, take test again = $372. I will buy the re-take on every CompTIA exam I take no matter how confident I am on the subject. It is just a good insurance policy

    If you go through the objectives and can talk about each subject, in detail, and remember specifics about them then you should be good to go.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly, CompTIA doesn't release statistics like that. $bvb379 makes a good point about getting the retake if you are not confident. Also, there are voucher sites that can reduce your costs by between 10% and 50%. The higher the discount, the less time you have to schedule and sit for the exam. Obviously, only buy those vouchers if you are ready to take the exam.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 1,561 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The pass/fail rate will not determine your performance on the exam. If failing is not an option (which is an option that I am very familiar with) then do not schedule the test until you really know your stuff.
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, etc

    2020 goals: AZ-900, AZ-500, SEC530

    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • Skip1973Skip1973 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Honestly, CompTIA doesn't release statistics like that. $bvb379 makes a good point about getting the retake if you are not confident. Also, there are voucher sites that can reduce your costs by between 10% and 50%. The higher the discount, the less time you have to schedule and sit for the exam. Obviously, only buy those vouchers if you are ready to take the exam.
    Thanks to everyone that responded to this. I'm not clear on the voucher though and how that factors into it. Regardless though and if my thick head understands correctly it'll still be ~$300 for each retake, correct?

    I am studying my butt off and have got to pass this, money's tight (been unemployed, have family) but I was just curious what I might possibly be looking at for retakes. Hopefully NONE, but..........

    Again, thanks!
  • TallDude7TallDude7 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you go through the course objectives line by line you won't have any problems passing. after doing that use Gibson's guide. The exam statistics is confidential information. I have a feeling when the pass rate gets to a certain level they change the exam.
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    The statistic of passing the test if you know the material has to be almost 100% ;)
  • Skip1973Skip1973 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TallDude7 wrote: »
    If you go through the course objectives line by line you won't have any problems passing. after doing that use Gibson's guide. The exam statistics is confidential information. I have a feeling when the pass rate gets to a certain level they change the exam.
    I've used Transcender for other exams and this is my first time with any Pearson product. I take it that the questions in the Study Mode are relevant (and hopefully mirror) to what will be on the exam?
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 947 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Skip1973 wrote: »
    Regardless though and if my thick head understands correctly it'll still be ~$300 for each retake, correct?

    Yes & No....
    but i'm leaning more towards No.

    If you are scared of failing... consider thsi route:
    Save 49% on the CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Bundle

    $378 and a FREE retake (just in case).

    That's how i did it fro me.
    On my own, i kept putting off teh date. Finally, i bought this Bundle... which gave me the courage to take it.

    Oh, also, Darril Gibson Sec+ book, and his getcertgetahead Practice-site is damn near essential. (but also VERY affordable).
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,288 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yep I bought that Deluxe Bundle as well ^^^ didn't end up needing the second one but oh well. I actually only read half of Gibson's book before taking the test and somehow came out with a pass. Was figuring at worse I will use the first attempt as a practice attempt to see how the test is.

    I think that Bundle is a pretty good deal.
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Skip1973 wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone that responded to this. I'm not clear on the voucher though and how that factors into it. Regardless though and if my thick head understands correctly it'll still be ~$300 for each retake, correct?

    I am studying my butt off and have got to pass this, money's tight (been unemployed, have family) but I was just curious what I might possibly be looking at for retakes. Hopefully NONE, but..........

    Again, thanks!

    No, I don't think you understand. CompTIA offers a bundle which is like $372, this includes voucher for test and just in case you fail, a re-take voucher. They also offer a single voucher for $300 which does not include a retake. Essentially, you are able to take two test (if needed) for $372 rather than $600.

    Sorry, I didn't see someone else answered this again. The bundle that included the re-take also took a lot of stress off of me. I took this for a possible job as well and needed it before the years end.
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 947 ■■■■■■■□□□
    $bvb379 wrote: »
    The bundle that included the re-take also took a lot of stress off of me. I took this for a possible job as well and needed it before the years end.

    Yeppers!
    As i was taking the 401, i became very frusted at the Sh#tty-wording of the questions.


    At about 1/3 of the way through... i was very GLAD that i bought the Bundle :]
    After accepting that i wasn't going to pass.... i Suddenly became relaxed, and was able to complete the rest of the exam.

    For fun, i began verbally MOCKING many of exam questions.
    It was therapeutic.

    In the end, it said i passed. To this day... i'm Still not sure how.
    Glad that i'm Never taking that exam again....
Sign In or Register to comment.