Options

Getting nervous now

mollymolly Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Please be honest with me. How hard is the A+ and OS exams?
Are the questions real mind bogglers? My tutor says it's easy but I don't believe her as she told me the A+ course was dead simple but I don't think it has been.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    That all really depends on how much experience you have and how well you take in computers. I thought the os exam was ok.. I over studied though.. also I have lots of experience.

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Passed A+ on May 5th. I remember the frustration I had because of the
    comprehensive coverage of the 2 exams. OS is not a casual walk in the park, but it's certainly not fatal.

Boils down to how much study time you put into study.

I used 3 different study manuals(that's 2 besides the text I had for courses I took at a local State College). I think you need the material presented by different authors on the same subject in order to get the whole picture.

Of course, you may only need one manual!

Best of luck to you!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    it all depends on how well-prepared or ill-prepared you are. if you come from a non-it background, you may not pass the exam in a month or two.

i thought a+ study was tough, but when i was sconsistently score 80%+ in practise exams, i knew to book my dates. even the night before the exams i was still worried i would not know enough (but that was just pre-exam nerves).

looking back, the exams were easy. but that's only because i have since passed network+ and, perhaps, 20% through 70-210 study.

keep at it. make sure you read something from your book(s) every day. try for two hours a day, seven days a week if you can. and try to get some hands-on too.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    I don't have any books for studying the A+ and it's a bit late for me to be getting any now... why did my tutor not suggest that we get some books?
    If everything goes to plan my exam will be on the 8th of August but like I said I'm not ready for the operating system one yet....I just wondered if my tutor can force me to take both as she seems to want us all (students) out of the way now that we have reached the end of the course.
    I really believe I need more tuition when it comes to the operating system part of it... the course has not been run very well for a start we finished the course a month before we should have done, then there has been a problem with absent tutors and not enough PC's to work on, meaning the students had to share.... anyway, fingers crossed eh?
    Please tell me I don't need books, can't I get what I need from the internet? I hope so because that's what I have been doing.
    Anyway I'll get back to you and let you know how the exam goes...Cheers guys xxxx
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    You have five days. Get Tcat Houser's A+ .pdfs and go thru them. Email a+ebooks@tcat.net and the autoresponder will kick them back to you as links. Great text and excellent practice tests that are on the level as the exam questions. Best of all, they are FREE.

If you don't think you are ready, reschedule.

I found the tests very easy-- but I built my first PC in 1996 and have tinkered, broke and fixed it enough to know my way around it.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    molly

lazyart is totally correct - Tcats stuff is helpful, but most of all ... reschedule if you do not feel comforatble.

BTW ... have you checked the best source on the net for info and free exams?? http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    http://www.techexams.net/pexams.php

And do not hesitate to ask lots of questions on anything you are uncomfortable with icon_smile.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Thanks Lazyart and RussS,
    I will send an e-mail now and ask for the Tcat.
    I have tried the exams on this site.
    Most appreciated.
    Molly xxx