Options

Failed for the Second Time

goofydragon1goofydragon1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ironically I got the same score of 619. Really disappointed, but really got my self to blame for not being able to get up to the mark of passing the exam.

I need to work up the courage to attempt the exam for the third time. After experiencing the exam for the second time debating if I decide to take the exam again if I should request a paper instead of Computer-based.

Although I had 13 years of IT experience combined in five domains of eight in the exam. My first mistake was not taking studying seriously and believing that Boot camp was all I needed. After failing the first exam, I let work and home prioritize what time I have to study, cramming the material in two days before the exam, don't got that route. Although I improved in the areas that I did not do well in the first exam, I did not study the well performed area and those areas slipped.

If I decide to take this exam in the next two to three months, I will develop a study method including understanding the CISSP 7th Edition.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sybex 7th edition is definitely a good book, have you used the cccure paid practice questions?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wish you better luck next time!
  • Options
    goofydragon1goofydragon1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did register and took over 700 questions before taking the first exam. After completing the 7th edition I will re-enable my account on freepracticetests and read the Conrad book on 11th Hour. On both occasions I used the CCure last minute cram PDF. Completed Cybray.IT, two days ago, which was better than the bootcamp that I attended.
  • Options
    gomadinagomadina Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please if you can answer, thanks.
    It will not be any violation of NDA.
    1-Did you go to the same testing center you had exam before and you failed?
    2-When you sat down for 2nd time, did you see almost 50% same question which you have first time?
    I do appreciate you time and It will be very helpful.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CISSP is too broad for a boot camp. Too much material to get though in 40 hours of death by powerpoint, lowest-common-denominator Q&A discussions, and a few hundred practice questions. I don't know anyone who passed the CISSP exam because they went to a boot camp.

Buy some legit practice exams (not brain ****) from legit sources and use the results to expose your weak areas.

Good luck...no shame in failing this exam, many do and more than once. Just use the feedback from the previous attempts to prepare you for next time.
  • Options
    gomadina wrote: »
    Please if you can answer, thanks.
    It will not be any violation of NDA.
    1-Did you go to the same testing center you had exam before and you failed?
    2-When you sat down for 2nd time, did you see almost 50% same question which you have first time?
    I do appreciate you time and It will be very helpful.
    Thanks.

#2 is borderline test compromise. You're asking to get an idea of the size of the question pool.
  • Options
    threatguruthreatguru Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The sybex book is definitely a good one. I would also suggest the Cybrary Videos. AMAZING material in them.
  • Options
    No, you got me wrong, here why I asked;
    Yesterday I failed 2nd time ( First time make sense I was not prepared ). I saw over 50% same questions which I have in first exam. They are word by word same, good for me I able to get 624 marks. Bad, I still have no idea what else or how should I prepare for 3rd time? No performance base question at all in both exams.
    On the other hand "BOOT CAMPS" , over 90% students passed after just taking 5 days of training and setting in the exam at "BOOT CAMP" private testing location ( I am not kidding, you will find it ) have very different kind of questions.
    My concern and understanding about the exam is, There are or should be over thousands question in ISC2 repository or questionnaires and once student logged in it should pull 250 random questions.
    But how I got over 50% same word by word?
    I have filled written complaint to ISC2 to do some investigation on this.
    Let us see what happens.
  • Options
    gomadina wrote: »
    No, you got me wrong, here why I asked;
    Yesterday I failed 2nd time ( First time make sense I was not prepared ). I saw over 50% same questions which I have in first exam. They are word by word same, good for me I able to get 624 marks. Bad, I still have no idea what else or how should I prepare for 3rd time? No performance base question at all in both exams.
    On the other hand "BOOT CAMPS" , over 90% students passed after just taking 5 days of training and setting in the exam at "BOOT CAMP" private testing location ( I am not kidding, you will find it ) have very different kind of questions.
    My concern and understanding about the exam is, There are or should be over thousands question in ISC2 repository or questionnaires and once student logged in it should pull 250 random questions.
    But how I got over 50% same word by word?
    I have filled written complaint to ISC2 to do some investigation on this.
    Let us see what happens.

If a boot camp for CISSP has a 90% pass rate, not saying they use brain **** as review questions in the classroom, but..........

It's also possible that this boot camp was full of DoD 8570 guys who either get their CISSP by the deadline or lose their jobs.
  • Options
    Noep. That is not the case.
  • Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The new Eric Conrad book 3rd edition is coming out on Dec 17th I believe. I used the 2nd edition of the book to help me study and get a good understanding of the material. Good luck and hopefully the 3rd time is the charm.
  • Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    If a boot camp for CISSP has a 90% pass rate, not saying they use brain **** as review questions in the classroom, but..........

It's also possible that this boot camp was full of DoD 8570 guys who either get their CISSP by the deadline or lose their jobs.

Ok, I have real experience on the bootcamp side of things. I did take the training camp boot camp, but I also read the Eric Conrad and Shon Harris books BEFORE attending the boot camp. Out of the 9 that took the exam at the end of the week, only 5 passed. 58%.

I also just had the opportunity to take a SANS class and I have to tell you the SANS class is 200% or more better in material and instructors than the training camp class was. I know SANS claims a 90% pass rate and I can believe it, their instruction is just that much better, but I also believe that you have to have done some preparation beforehand, you cannot simply take the class and expect to pass. The SANS class is also 6 days long, giving you effectively 20% more instruction time than training camp, but it does come with a much higher price tag.

Personally going forward, I will stick with SANS for my training going forward.