Options

Project Fi

byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anybody using Project fi? I'm thinking about switching from AT&T to Google. The plan looks promising.
CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+

Comments

• Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been using it for about a month, really happy with it so far. I got an invite 4 days after I requested one and ordered a new Nexus 6P. My first bill was $33.09. I am generally around Wifi all the time, so that does help with my data usage.

I've not had any major coverage issues. Not sure where you are in Tennessee, but I used my Fi service around Nashville and Knoxville without any issues. Just make sure you have solid Sprint or T-Mobile coverage in your area.
  • Options
    So are you doing $10 for 1gb.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    byron66 wrote: »
    So are you doing $10 for 1gb.

Yeah the plan I went with for now was $10 for 1GB plus $20 for unlimited talk/text. I might up my data, just kind of seeing how much I can control my data usage. You get a credit back for any data you do not use. Even if I up my data usage, I am still saving a ton of money.
  • Options
    AwptiKAwptiK Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used Republic Wireless for the last year and a half. Similar setup. I pay $10 for unlimited talk/text, no data, and it's also WiFi-prioritized. There's tiers of data plans and a "pay-you-back" feature as well.

That being said, I'd bet Google could do it better for $10 more. I believe Republic is Sprint-towers only.
    2016 Goals
    Jan: A+, Feb: Net+, Mar: Sec+, Apr: 70-680
    May: Start WGU BS-IT SEC
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i thought about it when I had a Nexus 6, but I am on Verizon, and the coverage is always on point. Then I switched to the LG V10 and I love it. I like to switch phones frequently, so Fi just wont work for me.

I did jump on the Google Play Music family plan
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Yes I wish you could use phones other than the Nexus but their not bad phones.
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+