Passed SWITCH

shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not terribly proud of my score, I passed right on the mark with a 790. I was sweating bullets when I clicked "next" on the last question because I thought I might be close to failing.

One of the Sims seemed to be bugged as it showed an interface down but I was able to ping across it so I left it. Not sure if I actually got credit for it or not.

There were 5 or 6 trick questions that left a bad taste in my mouth to be quite honest. No reason to make the exam gimmicky like that.

It's a tough exam and you do need to know your stuff but at the same time it's not terribly hard. Dedicate the time needed to learn the material and do lots of labs and you will pass.

I have a week long vacation to the Dominican Republic planned with family and then I will be diving right into the ROUTE book.

Good luck to everyone here in their studies.
CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats on the pass! Good luck with your future studies into Route.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats on the pass! Good luck with your future studies into Route.

Thank you! Good luck with your Switch exam on Saturday!
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • teuchterteuchter Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□

There were 5 or 6 trick questions that left a bad taste in my mouth to be quite honest. No reason to make the exam gimmicky like that.

Congrats on the pass and good luck on CCNP Route exam/prep!

Can I ask why you felt there was trick questions, I sat my CCNP switch last Friday and can say everything was on point and very relevant to the topics.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TerabyteTerabyte Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What study material did you use? Anything from Chris Bryant?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    teuchter wrote: »
    Can I ask why you felt there was trick questions, I sat my CCNP switch last Friday and can say everything was on point and very relevant to the topics.

I was wondering that also. When I took SWITCH (Jan. 2015), there were some Sims that would not tell you exactly what you were supposed to do. You were supposed to be able to figure it out from the wording (requirements/restrictions) of the question. There were a couple of those that it took a few minutes to figure out what they were asking me to configure. I wouldn't call them trick questions per se, but they can be worded in a way that is difficult to understand.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]