Options

How long are endorsements taking recently?

koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
I believe I have the necessary experience and a current CISSP holder to signed off.

How long did yours take?

Comments

• Options
    nk_vnnk_vn Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mine is on the verge of breaking the 6 weeks deadline. I never heard back from ISC(2) since they confirmed that my application has been received in the beginning of November. The strange thing is that my status in their portal changed from Associate to full CISSP several days ago. Now I have no idea what's going on. Did this ever happen to anyone? (OP, sorry for hijacking the topic).
  • Options
    No hijacking that I can see. Looks like you are good to go. Hope mine does not take that long.
  • Options
    Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    koenigss15 wrote: »
    How long did yours take?

7 weeks for my CISSP.
    ISC2 endorsed me and requested for HR letter listing my job titles on the 5th week.

As for CSSLP.
    Timeline
    30th Oct(Friday): Passed exam
    1st Nov(Sunday): submit endorsement (ISC2 to endorse aka audit). I included HR letter listing my job titles for past 9 years and my CISSP, MCAD and MCSD certs.
    2nd Nov(Monday): acknowledgement by ISC2
    4th Dec(Friday): CSSLP awarded email => 5 weeks
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed the test on the 7th of November, submitted my endorsement package the following week. Received a response from (ISC)2 that they had received it the following day. Haven't heard anything since... :)

All I want for Christmas is my CISSP....lol
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Passed CISSP May 9 2015

Submitted endorsement form (I had an endorser) Nov 1 2015

Received email from ISC2 that I'm officially a CISSP Dec 2 2015

It may take longer if you don't have an endorser, and I imagine the holidays slow down the process a bit too. Think about other stuff, get your mind off of it. As long as your work history on your endorsement form is legit you'll be fine. I was anxious myself when I was waiting (I started a similar thread) but it was over nothing. You get your email, update your linkedin, and aside from remembering to get your CPEs you're probably not going to think about it again.
  • Options
    ougijoeougijoe Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received the official email 5 weeks and 1 day after receiving the email that ISC2 received my packet.

Good luck!
  • Options
    GuyotronGuyotron Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hmmm...Where in the portal does it say 'Associate CISSP' or 'CISSP'? Next to 'Credentials', I would assume? Mine is blank, yet I passed the exam Nov. 23rd.
  • Options
    Guyotron wrote: »
    Hmmm...Where in the portal does it say 'Associate CISSP' or 'CISSP'? Next to 'Credentials', I would assume? Mine is blank, yet I passed the exam Nov. 23rd.

It will be blank until they designate you a CISSP or Associate based on your endorsement review.
  • Options
    I got an email saying I was now an Associate a day after passing.

I was able to check at the verification page:

https://webportal.isc2.org/custom/certificationverification.aspx
  • Options
    bhalldibhalldi Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    6 November 2015 - Passed Exam
    9 November 2015 - Endorsement Received from ISC2
    15 December 2015 - Congratulation email from ISC2, acknowledging me as a CISSP
    Total Time - 5 Weeks
  • Options
    bhalldi wrote: »
    6 November 2015 - Passed Exam
    9 November 2015 - Endorsement Received from ISC2
    15 December 2015 - Congratulation email from ISC2, acknowledging me as a CISSP
    Total Time - 5 Weeks

Now that really makes me scratch my head. You sent your endorsement documents AFTER I sent mine and yet I am still waiting for the congrats (or any other - audit?) e-mail. Wrote to the member support (6 weeks passed), I was advised to wait for a few more days with no further information. I am a bit worried actually...
  • Options
    Two of my friends who took the test just recently received their endorsements. They received them on the exact day 5 weeks after receiving a response that their package had been received.
  • Options
    cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed mine in October but too lazy to submit the endorsement. Submitted the endorsement in the beginning of Dec. More than two weeks in and haven't heard from them. I don't really care now, all that was important was passing the exam for me. I did have an endorser, I should mention.
  • Options
    cfirsten wrote: »
    I passed mine in October but too lazy to submit the endorsement. Submitted the endorsement in the beginning of Dec. More than two weeks in and haven't heard from them. I don't really care now, all that was important was passing the exam for me. I did have an endorser, I should mention.

Why would the endorsement not matter for you? You can't put "CISSP" on your business card without endorsement. What's the point of taking the exam if you don't finish it and get the endorsement? Just curious.
  • Options
    cfirstencfirsten Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    havoc64 wrote: »
    Why would the endorsement not matter for you? You can't put "CISSP" on your business card without endorsement. What's the point of taking the exam if you don't finish it and get the endorsement? Just curious.

To prove to myself that I can pass it. I will also never put CISSP on my card :). It doesn't mean that much to me. A good challenge for me might be the OSCP cert, that I might put on my card :).
  • Options
    koenigss15 wrote: »
    I got an email saying I was now an Associate a day after passing.

I was able to check at the verification page:

https://webportal.isc2.org/custom/certificationverification.aspx

How inconsistent! Putting in my fname, lname and ISC2 ID# brings up me, but for certifications it states 'Results Not Found'. I've sent an email to ISC2 inquiring.
  • Options
    Guyotron wrote: »
    How inconsistent! Putting in my fname, lname and ISC2 ID# brings up me, but for certifications it states 'Results Not Found'. I've sent an email to ISC2 inquiring.

How did you answer the question "Are you applying for the Associate of ISC(2) exam?" during the exam booking?

BTW, my congrats e-mail just arrived, 6 weeks and 3 days after documents were received.
  • Options
    nk_vn wrote: »
    How did you answer the question "Are you applying for the Associate of ISC(2) exam?" during the exam booking?

BTW, my congrats e-mail just arrived, 6 weeks and 3 days after documents were received.

I didn't apply for the Associate, as I have 10-19 years of experience in various security domains. I did get a reply from ISC2 customer service, and they confirmed it would be blank until the endorsement process runs its course
  • Options

Just took if for the lolz huh? Super.
  • Options
    Update. Got my endorsement email yesterday. It took a month and four days.

On a related note. I updated my Linkedin certifications section and had a recruiter contact me within an hour. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

Hmm I'll call on this poker hand...why would you go through the test and all the BS, Testing Fees and everything else and not go through with it and get your CISSP. Street Cred or not...it just doesn't add up that you'd spend that money on the exam and not spend the $85 to get the certification.