Options

CRISC Information

threatguruthreatguru Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have recently passed the CISSP, I was hoping to gather some info on the CRISC certification. Is there a lot of overlap from the CISSP? How long do most people spend studying for it if the CISSP is fresh? How difficult is the exam?

As far as study resources, am I correct is thinking it is all pay for material? Is there any free resource that is recommended? I tried searching the forum here, but didn't find a lot of info on this one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    There are some similarities to the tests. The CISSP obviously covers a wide range of topics, while the CRISC is more narrow. The CISSP gives a good overview of risk management which I found helpful as it gave me a good foundation.

ISACA's CRISC manual is what got me through the exam. It's not free, but does have the information that you need. Keep in mind, the exam uses a lot of risk application, so if you "simply" memorize the manual, you may not pass the test. If you can apply the material however (from the ISACA viewpoint), you'll do fine.

For what it's worth, I thought the CISSP test was much more difficult than the CRISC. I truly studied for the CISSP. I just prepped for the CRISC.