Options

My WGU journey so far...

bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
Well, I started in September and have only completed C170 (SQL), Network+ (C480) and I am almost completed with C169 (Java, just finished the project). Dont know why I picked the two hardest classes for me to complete first but I made a 18% higher than the cut score for C483 (Principles of Management) on my first try so theres that.

All I have left are:

C176 - Project+
C484 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership
C483 - Principles of Management
C299 - CCNA:Security
C697 - Linux+ part 1
C698 - Linux+ part 2
C435 - Tech Writing
C436 - Capstone

I will be fast tracking a bit after completing Java (seriously, screw that class soooooo MUCH) and hope to be finished by July/August 2016.

If anyone struggles with SQL or Java applications I spent blood, sweat, and tears getting through these so I can offer some valuable insight.
"If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon

Comments

• Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep up the good work man, I hope to be enrolled in the next few months. I have most of the certifications knocked out - we will see how it goes. I wish you the best!
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    Ok, C483 is done but I failed the Java objective assessment by 2% so that really sucks. Programming to me has to be the most boring, cringe-worthy material I have ever attempted to learn. Just need to get 1-2 more questions right on my exam and I am DONE FOREVER with Java.

Taking C484 on Monday, though. Got 20% higher than the cut score on the preassessment so hopefully I pass!
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Please share your blood and sweat on Java and SQL. I am starting with this in January.
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    Failed the Java objective assessment for the second time, with a 65% (same score as before). I needed a 67% to pass. Really, really low right now. Its hard to find the motivation to keep going sometimes.
  • Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Stay encouraged. Does the test tell you where your weak areas are? Maybe spend some time on those and you will be okay.
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    Yeah, I figured out you can break down your coaching report and identify individual objectives. I am devoting every second of waking time for the next two weeks to this. I dont know what stings more, this or Alan Rickman passing away.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep up the good work, you're almost there!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on those classes of course. Linux+ is the most challenging out of those depending on your Linux experience, otherwise you can get through them quick.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    plopbangcrashplopbangcrash Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How was c483 and c484 in terms of difficulty or time to complete?
  • Options
    How was c483 and c484 in terms of difficulty or time to complete?

One week each. Cut score of 51 was required to pass which is laughably low. I scored around 68-70 on both pre assessments, studied for a few days and then took the exam at the end of the week. Made a 75 on Principles and a 78 on behavioral leadership.

On the contrary, I am 3 months into Java... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep up the good work!! icon_thumright.gif

Your getting closer
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    UPDATED:Remaining

C176 - Project+
    C697 - Linux+ part 1
    C698 - Linux+ part 2
    C435 - Tech Writing
    C436 - Capstone

C483 - Principles of Management and C484 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership completed! Now to lick my java wounds and attempt it a third time in two weeks.
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    Good luck!
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • Options
    I passed the Java exam!icon_cheers.gif I would rather take the CISSP over again then re learn all the Java, if that tells you how much I hate it. I cant seem to get a good grasp on programming but I FINALLY made it after 2 previous fails.

On to Project+ this month and then a few months for Linux!
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    Good for you and the Java! You kick ass!
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • Options
    UPDATED:Remaining

C697 - Linux+ part 1
    C698 - Linux+ part 2
    C435 - Tech Writing
    C436 - Capstone

Passed Project+ yesterday! Moving on to Linux now and excited to mess around with some VMs. Looking at 2.5 months total for both linux exams, maybe sooner.
  • Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Congrats on passing your Java exam!
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    spwan3spwan3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,
    I want take BS: Security. I have a question! When you pass the class it's mean you get the certification right away?
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No, opposite. You pass the class by getting the certification. But only for classes that require certifications.
  • Options
    Well, haven't updated in awhile...

C299 - CCNA:Security - DONE
    C697 - Linux+ part 1 - DONE
    C698 - Linux+ part 2 - DONE
    C435 - Tech Writing - DONE
    C436 - Capstone - UP NEXT

Well, just turned in the tech writing paper. Hoping it comes back as a pass and I have only ONE MORE CLASS!! Been a bit of journey since I started last September but I am almost done.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bpenn wrote: »
    Well, haven't updated in awhile...

C299 - CCNA:Security - DONE
    C697 - Linux+ part 1 - DONE
    C698 - Linux+ part 2 - DONE
    C435 - Tech Writing - DONE
    C436 - Capstone - UP NEXT

Well, just turned in the tech writing paper. Hoping it comes back as a pass and I have only ONE MORE CLASS!! Been a bit of journey since I started last September but I am almost done.
    Awesome job. I turned my C435 in the other day and it was accepted within 48 hours. I am going to try to get my C436 submitted by next week. We started about the same time too.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good work. Capstone was pretty easy. Just take your tech writing, make it past tense, add a couple pages to the end and you're all done.
  • Options
    Capstone - DONE!!

Finally, I have completed the degree program! If it wasnt for the members of this site, I would never have found WGU nor would I have a degree right now. Thank you all for the motivation!