Passed ICND2 200-101 today

SGITSGIT Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wow, wasn't sure, at times over the past few weeks I went from thinking I was ready to thinking I was not. This past weekend I diverted from my studies for the CCNA to instead study for a job interview. After the interview Monday I studied later into the day than usual and then a bit more before the test Tuesday morning.

People usually ask what one used to studied so I will mention it now.

First let me mention that I started to study for it about 2 and a half years ago before they changed to the 200-101, then I got a job and didn't study anymore. I started again about 5 months ago.

Secondly I casually watched a lot of videos and learned a little of each section and then had to wrap it up in the end, this is not what I would recommend. I think if I made sure I knew each section well before I moved on as if I was in school or a class I would have saved a lot of time.

Official Cert Guide, didn't read it all.
Videos via Udemy, Chris Bryants, Lazaro Diaz Labs, part of Paul Brownings in 60 days, Sam Fitzgerald ICND2, discovered Sikandar Shaik towards the end, wish I found it in the beginning. Some of these free and some under $20.00, lots of special offers made on Udemy.
Plenty of youtube vids.
I purchased 3 routers and 3 switches six months ago, helped make it interesting.
CCNA Lab book by Renee Gunderson, kindle version via Amazon but viewed on PC.
Practice questions that come with Official Cert Guide and Boson Practice exam.

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I've got another attempt scheduled for this weekend icon_rolleyes.gif
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • toasterboy1toasterboy1 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Felt the same way about my CCENT. Guess you're never sure until you pass.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • SGITSGIT Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone, I am applying for jobs and WGU at this time. I'm good with getting a full time job and doing WGU or not getting a full time job and doing WGU full time.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□