Options

Stanley CC or New Horizons Training

mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
My job recently offered to pay for my training via new horizons training center for the ICM class. I was on the wait-list for Stanley cc. I have to make the payment by December 18th to join the class this coming January. The stanley cc class runs from January to March and the New horizons runs from Jan 11th through the 15th and is online as well more of a bootcamp I guess. What do you guys recommend I do? What route to take? I have experience with VMware in a corporate environment.

Comments

• Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    Will they pay for something else? The Stanley CC course is online, self-paced, and cheap. I worked through my material in about a month leisurely. If you already have experience building VMware (not just clicking "create new vm") you probably won't gain much from the classes as the tests are a different level of difficulty.
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□

Do NOT, I repeat.. DO NOT use New Horizons. It's the biggest waste/rip off of money I have ever spent in my life. The training was extremely lacking and sub-mediocre. I'm still paying off a loan for that crap which I took in my extremely young IT days. I understand that your company is paying for it.. but please save yourself. Just look up the reviews. I wish I would have. 
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    mu5ic92mu5ic92 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xavor wrote: »
    Will they pay for something else? The Stanley CC course is online, self-paced, and cheap. I worked through my material in about a month leisurely. If you already have experience building VMware (not just clicking "create new vm") you probably won't gain much from the classes as the tests are a different level of difficulty.

I have experience configuring vms, setting up Virtual Distributed Switches, dealing with portgroups, configuring ESXi hosts. Also in preparation for the cert iv gone through half of the cbt nuggets for VCP-DCV 5.5 so im unsure how deep the Stanley class goes.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Isn't the material for all authorized training centers the same? I'm not vouching for New Horizons at all as I've never taken their classes, just wondering. Not sure if it has changed but my experience with Stanly was subpar and it ranks at the absolute bottom of all the training I've been through in my career.

If someone else pays for it I rather get it out of the way in a week instead of 3 months.
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is the 5.5 ICM class outline that the Stanly syllabus maps to: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=46424

You might want to take the Stanly class to get to ICM level and meet he training requirement for VCP, and get your employer to fund one of the higher level courses.

The materials and labs are the same whether the course is delivered by VMware, a VATC like New Horizons, or a VITA like Stanly. Only VMware and VATCs use VCIs to deliver the course, VITAs can't do that.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Options
    jack84iejack84ie Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Will Stanly CC be offering the
    VMware vSphere: Design and Deploy Fast Track

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Currently, Stanly CC only offers the ICM course, but we are looking to expand. We will also be offering EMC, Linux, and continue offering the CCNA as well.
    jack84ie wrote: »

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We currently offer only the ICM class for VMware. However, we are looking to expand our offerings. We will also be offering in soon EMC, Linux, and continue to offer CCNA.

jack84ie wrote: »