Issues with GNS3 / Windows 10

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anything I should know about regarding any issues with running GNS3 on Windows 10 before I dive into it?
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yeah, you have to create a loopback adapter on Win 10 or else you won't be able to connect to your devices.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm, that's strange. I run GNS3 ver 1.3.3 on Win10 and I haven't had any issues connecting to devices.
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Iris meant if you want to connect to your Routers with Putty/CCP/ACS on VM from your PC you will need a loop back adapter and associate it with a cloud device on GNS3. The GNS3 version of putty still works fine.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    This is pretty much what I had to do after I upgraded my computer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go7IMKGnBV4

Without manually adding a loopback, I'd run a simulation and when I tried to connect to any of my routers, it'd give me an error saying I couldn't connect.

Note: Not all people had this problem with Windows 10 but a lot of people did. It could be because I upgraded vs a fresh install or maybe the patch we were on.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After upgrading to Windows 10, My Lan connections on my EVGA board kept dropping connection after reboot and showed no network connectivity. "netsh winsock reset" seemed to do the trick and its been stable ever since. I was shocked that my 4 port PCIE network card worked fine for my Esxi lab but the onboard EVGA NIC's were acting up.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hmm maybe i'll wait... I never was a fan of jumping in on the latest windows install for obvious reasons.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi