Options

4th Fail Attempted

2»

Comments

• Options
    bruunbruun Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me it works to draw everything on paper, just a quick sketch. After that adding the things i've learned to the drawing, for example DNSSec, trying to remember as much as possible. Once everything is added I return to the notes I've created and compare it to the drawing, if everything is written down perfectly I move on to the next subject.

I repeat the same scenario the next day, and the day after. After repeating it for 2 days I'll leave it until i can barely remember the scenario.
    Drawing, interleaving and repeating works as a charm for me.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    I'm sorry to hear about the failed exam. Realize it's not a total failure unless you actually give up on the exam. Keep on trucking, it will make that passing score all the more satisfying.

These exams are geared towards people that have daily hands on experience with servers. I had this same issue with my first 2008 R2 exam, it took 3 times for me to pass it because I had very little real world experience. Sure I read a few books and had a lab but until you actually do it day to day it's difficult to pass an exam that will ask you specific questions.

I would suggest taking a break for a week or two - completely unplug and get yourself straight. I would then suggest just doing lab after lab after lab - that's the best way IMO to pass these exams because their questions are so specific.
  • Options
    Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about the failed exam. Realize it's not a total failure unless you actually give up on the exam. Keep on trucking, it will make that passing score all the more satisfying.

These exams are geared towards people that have daily hands on experience with servers. I had this same issue with my first 2008 R2 exam, it took 3 times for me to pass it because I had very little real world experience. Sure I read a few books and had a lab but until you actually do it day to day it's difficult to pass an exam that will ask you specific questions.

I would suggest taking a break for a week or two - completely unplug and get yourself straight. I would then suggest just doing lab after lab after lab - that's the best way IMO to pass these exams because their questions are so specific.

Well I took about 1 week off from really studying. This weekend I will start once again on my lab work and other studying. I have 2 books that I'm reviewing and one of them is a lab book i could use. I really plan on passing this exam this time around.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    Well I took about 1 week off from really studying. This weekend I will start once again on my lab work and other studying. I have 2 books that I'm reviewing and one of them is a lab book i could use. I really plan on passing this exam this time around.

Any luck with this test? I feel like I am in the same boat, I failed 3 times, each time getting better and my last time was a score of 605. I am thinking of studying for and taking the 74-409 exam as a side-track. This way I will be an expert in Hyper-V for the 410.
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Any luck with this test? I feel like I am in the same boat, I failed 3 times, each time getting better and my last time was a score of 605. I am thinking of studying for and taking the 74-409 exam as a side-track. This way I will be an expert in Hyper-V for the 410.

Don't give up or become distracted, double down and get there. You are so close!
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    I think i will sign up to a video site or something. I know cbtnuggest is not good i was thinking of doing the other site. can't remember at the moment but I will look around.

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    I think i will sign up to a video site or something. I know cbtnuggest is not good i was thinking of doing the other site. can't remember at the moment but I will look around.

The other one that I know of is Pluralsight, and they aren't any better. I think there is something advertised on Groupon, too... but if it were good I don't think that it would have to rely on Groupon for its traffic.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    I can't really find a good coupon for Pluralsight. I seen some 40% off but those look like spam sites. I watched some of the videos a while back, and thought they would be good to learn from on this exam. The cbtnugget site is okay but don't really like how james teaches. I guess my job is paying for it i should take advantage of it.

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*