Options

My next move?

CalRoDCalRoD Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just graduated from Heald college with an AAS Degree in Network Systems Administration. I obtained a federal work study job in the IT department here, and I am currently on my 10th month working here as a Technical Assistant($8.00/hr). I have troubleshot many PC , and networking issues. I am now in the MCSE program here, and I have gone through the 290 book, and we are now on the 270 book. I will be finishing the program in July. I signed up for Devy university for my bachelors degree to start in august. I think I may have made a mistake, but I am not sure. I need advise on what I should be focusing on right now. Take network+ to get it out of the way? Then study for MCSE exams and take all of the certs? How long should I put off the bachelors? and how far could I make it in the industry(money wise) with an AAS degree with A+,NET+, and MCSE?

Comments

• Options
    certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It all depends on your career path.
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Isn't there some kind of job placement there? I would hope that there is. With the AAS degee and the MCSE, you should be able to get a job with better pay. I'm the Bay Area myself, where there is opportunity. I'm not quite sure how it is there in the Fresno area. The MCSE will definetly put more shine on your resume.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.