Options

Passed Mobility+ (24-Dec-2015)

junaid375junaid375 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Mobility+ this week. Wanted to post some info since there is not enough threads about Mobility+ on this forum.

For passing this cert, all you need is to read "CompTIA Mobility+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide" cover-to-cover.
200 questions that are included with book (as DVD) will be enough to give you an idea about real questions in exams.
20 questions at the end of every chapter will help as well.

I have 10+ years total experience in IT, around 8 years in Database/application/ERP security.
I recently worked for a company as mobility consultant, supporting their EMM/MDM solution.
I have in-depth knowledge about MDM/MAM/MCM etc but this exam is more than just a MDM exam. Ofcourse a big chunk is MDM but you will have to review OSI Model, Network devices info etc to pass this exam. Furthermore, from the study guide, chapters pertaining to backup recovery etc must read carefully, since they define some best practices. CompTIA best practices are same like ISACA's, you have to agree to them to pass the exam. So forget about what you would typically do in your job as MDM admin, just follow the guidelines mentioned in study guide.

Mobility+ vs Vendor Specific certs like Citrix and Airwatch.:
If you are looking for a career in mobility as a MDM guy, and you have basic networking knowledge, its better to go for vendor specific cert. Every MDM solution I have worked with are 90% same. So knowing one will help you understand what MDM is and then operating/managing other MDMs will be easy.

I did this cert since it was on my to-do list since start of my mobility job. Even though I have a different job now, I still wanted to have a cert to backup my "Mobility/BYOD" expertise.

Comments

• Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say you have a bit of experience with the CISM/CISA :)

Congrats on the pass.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I passed this last week as well. The "All in One" guide was the most useful although I also read the Sybex Mobility study guide to supplement. I've been in IT for years, so a lot of the information (PKI, basic wireless and networking) were review. It was a good exam to get some cellular, wireless, and MDM concept introduction though.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63