Options

Passed with a 962!

techgirl321techgirl321 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, thats a load off!

Planning and Designing 100%
Technology 100%
Troubleshooting 88%
Implementation and OPeration 92%

This test was much easier than I thought it would be, but I did study a lot!
What I used to study: Todd Lammle CCNA study guide 5th, an old Cisco press ICND, Boson NetSim and Boson Examsim #1, #2, #3 tests. (these tests were sequentially harder and really helped me, though a tad buggy)

My memory ****: The powers of 2 up to 2 * * 16
all network numbers in all subnets that are /30, /29, /28, /27 etc
IE:
/30 .252 /29 .248 /28 .240
0.................... 0 ................... 0
8.....................16 ..................32
12 ..................24.................. 48

Yes, I took the time to write them all out up to /25.....

I also wrote these out:

.254 /23 /15
.252 /30 /22 /14
.248 /29 /21 /13
.240 /28 /20 /12
.224 /27 /19 /11
.192 /26 /18 /10
.128 /25 /17 /9

I also wrote out 1-f with decimal and binary conversions.

I had about 15 minutes left when I ended.

(edited By Ten9T6)

Hope this helps someone.
----TG----

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, but did u read the NDA at the top of the ccna forum?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    sartsart Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keenon wrote:
    congrats, but did u read the NDA at the top of the ccna forum?

techgirls post does not violate the NDA.

The word "Memory ****" was used only for her map of CIDR and netmasks.
    -network analyst
  • Options
    yes, I'm sorry....sart is right, I only use that term to mean my cidr charts etc....I would not and did not memorize any material from the test, nor would I disclose it to anyone. And if you look closely at what I wrote, I think you'd see that.

Thanks,

:)
    ----TG----
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job, I just passed Net+ today, and there are not many feelings better than the relief and happiness that comes from passing one of these certification tests, esp with a high score!
  • Options
    CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    again with the nda, anyways congrats great score
    formerly badboyziggy
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

Great score too but it seems you were more than ready for it. 3 years and it starts all over again. icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    WooHoo! :D Congratulations!

The NDA hints are about mentioning the sims -- the way you dumped your subnet **** sheet from memory to scratch paper is fine.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats on the great score and the new cert!

I did edit one portion of the post......

Everyone knows they will face Sims....They just need to be able to configure anything in the CCNA Blue Print. icon_wink.gif

Your subnetting "memory ****" is fine...

Congrats again... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done nice Score icon_cool.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    yup really nice score :)
  • Options
    xman76xman76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great score indeed! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Good work!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kudos and congrats.
    I read the nda thing at the top of the forum and it doesnt appear that I violated anything and my post should not have been edited.
    However, this is your forum and if you guys want to be that ****...well its all good. :)
    I only mentioned the general subject and omitted any and all details.
    The last thing I want to do after studying that hard is to make it easier for anyone else...so now I'm off to the ccnp forum to see what thats all about. Of course, i hesitate to post anymore at this point, but I know how to lurk just as well.
    Good luck to all of you and thanks for everything!!
    ----TG----
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I have edited the NDA post at the top of the page.....to make it more clear.

That post at the top....was just a reminder about the NDA form that you agreed to when you took the test.....It was not mine...or Techexams.....

I am sorry that you feel that we are "****" and you feel the need to just "lurk".......If it makes you feel any better, your post is not the only post that I have edited.

Again...great score..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The whole nda issue has become one of the reasons that I rarely post here. Some moderators take it very seriously, others don't seem to care. Their is no rhyme nor reason to enforcement.

Personally I don't think what she posted violated the nda, but again it is all up to the individual moderator.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    so now I'm off to the ccnp forum to see what thats all about. Of course, i hesitate to post anymore at this point, but I know how to lurk just as well.
    One last thing before you lurk -- what's next? If you're working with Cisco equipment in real life, now is the best time to hit the CCNP. Each exam is more focused in the CCNP -- routing, switching, and wans -- but builds on what you just learned in the CCNA. Troubleshooting covers materials from the "first three" exams, and should be taken last (and take troubleshooting notes while studying the first 3). The logical sequence is BSCI, BCMSN, BCRAN, and CIT (...but I did BCRAN first).
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Cherper wrote:
    Some moderators take it very seriously, others don't seem to care. Their is no rhyme nor reason to enforcement.
    That's just nonsense. Tell it to the dozens of **** sites that we block in the forums and from which we deny litterally thousands of dollars per month because we don't accept their ads. Kenny, 2lbs, Keatron, RussS, Plantwiz, JD, and I take it all seriously. Kenny and I are the only two mods for the Cisco forums, so I don't know which 'others' you are referring to. 'Unfortunately' it's all part from running these forums, and unfortunately the NDA post seems to be necessary as too often too much info is given in posts in the cisco forums. You seem to be missing the point that we are the ones helping... the only thing we ask in return is some professionalism.

Ever since Cisco, as well as Microsoft, added the sim questions, too many people seem to think that it's ok to discuss the content of the sims, while it seems to be obvious multiple choice questions shouldn't be discussed/disclosed. As a CCNA you are certified to configure certain cisco equipment and technologies, not just the ones that Cisco decided to use as topics for their sims. Read over the actually NDA (and our Registration Terms while your at it), and you'll see that we, as well as every other 'clean' Cisco forums are already pushing the limits (keeping the way of Cisco's own forums in sight). It may seem harmless to you to post a bit of information about a sim, but unless Kenny and I moderate such topics, and it becomes dozens of such posts, it could hurt this site and forums and jeapordize our relationship with Cisco, apart from the certification you worked so hard for.

Anyway, enough about that. I rather see you lurk than disclose exam information. We'll keep focussing on the exam objectives and the technologies. If you do decide to post again, I advice you to choose your word more professionally.

Johan
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    One last thing before you lurk -- what's next? If you're working with Cisco equipment in real life, now is the best time to hit the CCNP. Each exam is more focused in the CCNP -- routing, switching, and wans -- but builds on what you just learned in the CCNA. Troubleshooting covers materials from the "first three" exams, and should be taken last (and take troubleshooting notes while studying the first 3). The logical sequence is BSCI, BCMSN, BCRAN, and CIT (...but I did BCRAN first).

I thought about it and I agree with what you are saying here...now is the time to tackle this while it is all still fresh in my head. I will probably take your advice on the logical sequence. I just purchased the Cisco CCNP cert library to use as study material (arriving tomorrow!). Though the Sybex book was great for CCNA for its ease of reading, it lacked some critical information. I'm going to try to tough out the dry material in the cisco press books and incorporate into my study methods as to be as well prepared as I was for CCNA.
    ----TG----
  • Options
    Though the Sybex book was great for CCNA for its ease of reading, it lacked some critical information. I'm going to try to tough out the dry material in the cisco press books and incorporate into my study methods as to be as well prepared as I was for CCNA.
    There are 3 types of books within the Cisco Press Self-Study series -- the foundation books, the practical studies books, and the exam certification guides. The study links off of the exam blueprints (additional resources section at the bottom) takes you to the books page where they explain their "learn, prepare, practice" method of spending money on more books.

The foundation books are the learn part. The exam certificaiton guides (the certification library) is the prepare part. And you practice with the flash cards and exam practice tests (also with self-study in the title).

I liked the Sybex CCNP Complete Study Guide -- but after reading all those Cisco Press books -- I just used it more to verify what Sybex considered important. The only section I read completely was the BSCI part since I got annoyed with the Gough BSCI book.

The comments on the books at amazon may be useful for planning your study strategy.

Good Luck! icon_study.gif
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats on your pass.

Best of luck in your future studies.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University