Options

Passed CISSP - 20 Dec 2015 (Passing Formula)

2»

Comments

• Options
    hilldhilld Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lion007 wrote: »
    Is that the comic written by Scott Adams? lol

You got it.
  • Options
    iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats..will follow your advice
  • Options
    thaiguy314thaiguy314 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "The Correct answer is the BEST answer you choose as a MANAGER... which is here (D) : Defense in Depth !

The concept of "Defense in Depth" is the answer that a Manager would choose. Because it implies all the physical & logical examples mentioned in (B) BUT not only this, it covers all the three main controls in CISSP: Physical + Logical + Administrative."

Loved this example. You actually just boosted my confidence for the test! hahah.

Seriously though, congrats! Everyone has their opinions on the legitimacy of CompTIA, CEH, SSCP but no one can argue the validity of CISSP. Definitely taking your advice.
    Certs: CISSP, CEH, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @lion007 thanks!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    greatjaygreatjay Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats !!!

can you tell me lian is Cybrary Videos are helpfull ?
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @greatjay I found Cybrary to be very helpful, better than CCCure
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    lion007lion007 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ragavansa wrote: »
    Congrats and welldone

Thanks ragavansa :)
  • Options
    hilld wrote: »
    You got it.

Good one :D
  • Options
    iseeyou wrote: »
    congrats..will follow your advice

Best of luck buddy, please let us know when you pass the exam :)
  • Options
    thaiguy314 wrote: »
    "The Correct answer is the BEST answer you choose as a MANAGER... which is here (D) : Defense in Depth !

The concept of "Defense in Depth" is the answer that a Manager would choose. Because it implies all the physical & logical examples mentioned in (B) BUT not only this, it covers all the three main controls in CISSP: Physical + Logical + Administrative."

Loved this example. You actually just boosted my confidence for the test! hahah.

Seriously though, congrats! Everyone has their opinions on the legitimacy of CompTIA, CEH, SSCP but no one can argue the validity of CISSP. Definitely taking your advice.

I am glad you liked the example, remember the "Magnet Answers!" that tend to shift your thinking towards "technical answers" instead of "managerial answers" ;)

CISSP is becoming a dominant benchmark in the cyber security sector. When you tell a customer you are a CISSP, you can tell how they take you really seriously.

Thanks mate and good luck for the Exam :)
  • Options
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    @lion007 thanks!

Most welcome Carl :)
  • Options
    greatjay wrote: »
    congrats !!!

can you tell me lian is Cybrary Videos are helpfull ?

Hi greatjay

Cybrary are the best introduction to the exam and it will set a top level road map. But then follow the formula (Sybex 7th Book + CCCure 1800+ practice tests) in order to guarantee passing :)

Good luck buddy!
  • Options
    imtiazhussainimtiazhussain Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I need Sybex 7th edition in pdf, do you have.
  • Options
    koenigss15koenigss15 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's the job market like in London for infosec jobs? Thinking about applying for a few positions. Thanks.
  • Options
    linzibakerlinzibaker Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Lion007,
    Got my CISSP exam end of Feb and wanted some advice. I have about 10 years practical/technical experience (yes - a little unusual for the female variety) and I think I'm going to struggle with the managerial side of this exam. I'm planning on just using the resources below. What are my chances of passing with just these few resources?? This exam is so scary...

-Sybex 7th Edition
    -CCCure
    -Cybrary Vids (are they worthwhile as still referring to 10 domains instead of 8?)

Linzi.
  • Options
    I need Sybex 7th edition in pdf, do you have.

Hi imtiazhussain,

Unfortunately I couldn't find Sybex in pdf anywhere - seems like you need to buy it. My advice is get it in Kindle version from Amazon, the hard copy book is awfully printed and its difficult to read, but the Kindle copy was very easy to read. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    koenigss15 wrote: »
    What's the job market like in London for infosec jobs? Thinking about applying for a few positions. Thanks.

Hi koenigss15,

InfoSec jobs are one of the top paid jobs in London. Starting with £40k p.a. up to £90k p.a. if you are senior experienced security expert.

Check the jobsite below for CISSP jobs in London:

Jobsite Search Results - 53 CISSP jobs in London
  • Options
    linzibaker wrote: »
    Hi Lion007,
    Got my CISSP exam end of Feb and wanted some advice. I have about 10 years practical/technical experience (yes - a little unusual for the female variety) and I think I'm going to struggle with the managerial side of this exam. I'm planning on just using the resources below. What are my chances of passing with just these few resources?? This exam is so scary...

-Sybex 7th Edition
    -CCCure
    -Cybrary Vids (are they worthwhile as still referring to 10 domains instead of 8?)

Linzi.

Hi Linzi,

You are on the right track with your prep materials. The Sybex book and CCCure tests will teach you how to choose the right answer as a "Manager". The point of doing CCCure tests is to "manipulate" your mind-set how to think as a manager and as a result you will get the trick of how to pick the right answer among the other technical answers. Do this and you will be fine trust me :)

Always remember when you face a question that drags you like a magnet to choose a technical answer... ask youself how would your CIO or manager answer this question, you will immediately know the trick and you will automatically choose the managerial answer!

And btw, a female friend of mine was SO scared when she sat the CISSP exam with me on the same day - she thought she never would pass - but she read the book cover to cover and did plenty of 250 sets of CCCure tests, and we went together to the exam, she finished in 3 hours and passed before I leave the exam :D (I had to use the entire 6 hours because I am a bit of perfectionist lol)... so relax and do what other people who passed are advising you to do in order to guarantee passing - you will be no difference and you will certainly pass.

CISSP is not rocket science guys.. it only needs dedication to read the book and do the tests.. seriously its that simple! When you get the CISSP certificate there is nothing like it in the work place! You will be the "Security Authority" in your organisation, isn't it worth dedication and patience to prepare well until you get it?

Good luck!
  • Options
    protacticusprotacticus Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Congrats!

Thanks protacticus and wish you good luck with CISSP :)
  • Options
    d00gmand00gman Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just an FYI for anyone reading this excellen thread, the Cybrary videos for the CISSP have just been updated, 4/1/2016, to reflect the new 8 domain structure. Additionally, it is much more detailed. I HIGHLY recommend it. Kelly does an excellent job of focusing on the domain topics in a managerial mindset with plenty of tehnical discussion to shore up the underpinnings of the topic. And hey...its FREE!

Keith
  • Options
    faris1faris1 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lion, Thank you very much for your advice. By the way I'm from London too (West London ). I'm reading to the EXAM in August, therefore, your advice in invaluable to me. More tips are much appreciated.
    Regards, Faro
  • Options
    sandy8615sandy8615 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    I just registered to techexams after reading through the posts in this forum. specially posts from @lion007, thank you very much. Your writing is very much motivating. Like you said in your first post, I too am not a very high experienced person in security but have been working in Cryptography area since 3 years and thought why not take CISSP and enter to the big security world.
    With this thought I am starting my preparation for CISSP by purchasing of Sybex edition 7 as per suggestions in this forum.
    Still no plan as to when I will take the exam as I would prefer to first have full knowledge and have confidence that I can take the exam.

Again, thanks all for this post. You all are amazing!
  • Options
    faris1 wrote: »
    Lion, Thank you very much for your advice. By the way I'm from London too (West London ). I'm reading to the EXAM in August, therefore, your advice in invaluable to me. More tips are much appreciated.
    Regards, Faro

Most welcome mate, hope you have passed it :)
  • Options
    sandy8615 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I just registered to techexams after reading through the posts in this forum. specially posts from @lion007, thank you very much. Your writing is very much motivating. Like you said in your first post, I too am not a very high experienced person in security but have been working in Cryptography area since 3 years and thought why not take CISSP and enter to the big security world.
    With this thought I am starting my preparation for CISSP by purchasing of Sybex edition 7 as per suggestions in this forum.
    Still no plan as to when I will take the exam as I would prefer to first have full knowledge and have confidence that I can take the exam.

Again, thanks all for this post. You all are amazing!

Most welcome - wish you all the best bro - hope you have passed it :)
  • Options
    newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    I didnt touch cccure because i never liked the interface. But, I held onto your advice about picking the answers like a manager and it worked. I used cybrary, 11th hour and sunflower pdf. and the sybex practice tests. If I can do it (cos i'm a rubbish test taker) anyone can do it.