Options

IT Job Market in Georgia

Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
Thinking about moving to Georgia and I want to know how the IT job market is in Georgia (no specific area)?
I have completed some job searches and the state looks appealing. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Not so good outside of the Atlanta area.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Honestly, Atlanta or bust. I am from middle Georgia originally and considered moving back but I didnt want to go to Atlanta. I couldnt find anything worth making a move for except at Robins AFB and even then there were few jobs I was qualified for.

But hey, Atlanta can be a great place to work if bigger cities is your cup of tea.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Washington DC metro area is hot IT market as well..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Washington DC metro area is hot IT market as well..

The cost of living the DC area is ridiculous. I have considered that area as well. Northern VA and the Beltway area of Maryland.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    True. We live in the 'northern' part of maryland (Frederick), which isn't 'that' bad compared to the cost of living near DC.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    Rumblr33 wrote: »
    Thinking about moving to Georgia and I want to know how the IT job market is in Georgia (no specific area)?
    I have completed some job searches and the state looks appealing. Thanks in advance.

I just moved back to Georgia because the job market is a lot better than Florida. Lived in Georgia for 23 years. I am currently looking for a career change. Inside of 285 is where you would want to look for the most part. Sandy Springs, Roswell, and Alpharetta are hot areas right now as well. Start networking with people. The cost of living is pretty cheap if you are willing to commute a little bit. If you want to live inside of Atlanta then it will be slightly more costly but you won't have to commute as much, obviously.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Agree with the above. Also consider areas near bases if you can get a contractor or GS job.