Boson CCNP exams

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All

I've been working hard on my CCNP the last 3 months. I wanted to know if it was worth investing in the Boson CCNP exams, they're on sale right now and wanted to know who else has used them.

I'm thinking of getting all 3 but wanted to make sure they actually stand up to the material.

Thanks!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Wedge,

I used Boson practice test during my CCNA studies.
    Their questions in general where harder then the CCNA exam but forced me to really learn and practice the CCNA material.
    I am now studying for the CCNP route exam (300-101) and I am currently using the related Boson practice tests.
    I can say for sure that Boson does a really good job explaining both the correct answer and why the other answers are NOT correct.
    For this reason I would recommend Boson practice exams.
    Just a tip.
    Like all study tools Boson test exams can not be relied upon to match up 100% with the Cisco CCNP route test Blue Print.
    Beware of going off on a tangent which is not covered by the CCNP test Blue Print and vise versa.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i haven't used it for CCNP, but as above, I thought it was excellent for the CCNA. If I pursue the CCNP, I will def get Boson
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was given a free year's access to them after I took a Global Knowledge class, so I am currently using it for review. I like them and they by far are not simple questions so should be good review. Also, Boson makes a very "Ciscolike" exam interface which is always good to see before jumping into a test. I've also used it before for CCNA an enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd say go for it if you are at the point of your studies that you feel you near ready for the test. I like it mostly because they introduce what I call potential "Cisco Gotchas". These are items they quiz you on that may ask you the question in a way to trick you into thinking the answer is one thing over the other. Again it's a good review for that type of questioning format as we all know Cisco loves to be vague and trick you. Also I really enjoy the study mode and test mode options they provide.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys/Gals!

I went ahead and got the CCNP pack as it's 25% off right now. I just did 10 questions and can confirm that it will be worth the money!! Difficult questions, and well written explanations! Labs and sims look awesome as well! Very Impressed :D
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys/Gals!

I went ahead and got the CCNP pack as it's 25% off right now. I just did 10 questions and can confirm that it will be worth the money!! Difficult questions, and well written explanations! Labs and sims look awesome as well! Very Impressed :D

Awesome! It defiantly can't hurt at all! :)
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used it for SWITCH but not for ROUTE. I'd get them if they weren't so expensive. 25% is pretty good, I may get the TSHOOT one.